Ashlander Acquisition

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
I want to free Ashlander and get her as a mace but I don't want to interact with Evelyn, and I don't like Azzyran. Is there a way to free the dragon Gilf without recruiting the drugbug or getting smash like a cheapwhore?

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
You don't even need to sex Azzy to get her help. Just take her along and then leave her at the frosthound. At least then you get the weapon.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
As a theoretical work-around (meaning it can't be done because it isn't written, but if it could be), what royalty do we know of otherwise?
I assume royalty means King, queen, prince, or princess at least. So Carmen probably wouldn't work. Marcher Baron also wouldn't (too easy). Layla
is nobility but definitely not royalt..
Obviously these all would require writing and changing the scenes and images currently, so it's not easy.
Etheryn but that option is discussed.
Cait (and Calla) are royalty on their mother's side, but that was over five generations ago.. It could work, but Cait already has so many outfits that DragonCatDomGirl might be too much to have to work into every one of her numerous scenes (have pity on the poor authors).
Prince Nyze actually seems like a good choice, probably the easiest, just randomly have him look like a dragon hornet as he bullies his girls to make honey.
Permanently Bimbofied Azzy probably the best, just add a a manner to get her down there and then keep her out of the party, and already have to pics.
King Khelsaz of Khor'Minos, likely any of his children could be used.
Kiyoko or Kinu. I believe they are considered royalty, but I also think they would not like the changes to themselves or be willing (or maybe their lack of souls might play into it)
Tetsuya is also a prince, but I think he'd fall under the other kitsune umbrella (but I could see the appeal to him showing up in random locations with a spear potentially taking out his depression on some orcs or mercenaries or cultists or wolves, depending on whether you've helped him cope.)
Alissa is/was a queen but that would likely be bad for everyone. You'd have to have her prisoner and let her out of the magic-dampening cell and what happens next would likely rise to plot or main questline writing. (Lack of soul might be used as an excuse).
Kobold Queen. She may not have started as royalty, but she's undeniably a queen now. Good luck getting her out of her tunnels. (maybe any of her numerous kobold children might be considered royalty at this point, but to kobolds there seems to be a different way of acknowledging royalty).

Other than that,
Prince Philander of Tychris, but he's dead.
Princess Phyria kind of has the same issue, but theoretically.. if someone really wanted to write the scene... and if a player reaaaaallly managed to pull off a very difficult accomplishment. They might have access to Phyria....so maybe a scene that involved a summoning circle (probably having to build one at player's cost and effort at Ashe's location... could, theoretically, allow your princess companion to do. Doesn't even have to really change her stats or appearance or effects much in her combat activities. She's mostly scaled and reptilian as it is. (Being dead might be a reasonable reason she couldn't).

Edit: Also the Drider Queen, but I don't imagine she'd have the inclination or desire to travel there. Theoretically, maybe the drider princess you supposedly have a 10% to birth, I don't think the infant could even remove the spear.

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Cait doesn't qualify, she's too mutt-ified. Kiyo, the Kobold Queen, and the Drider Queen aren't actual royalty. The Spirit Summons are dead, so that's right out, but their living relatives (the rulers of Tychris) would qualify.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Cait doesn't qualify, she's too mutt-ified. Kiyo, the Kobold Queen, and the Drider Queen aren't actual royalty. The Spirit Summons are dead, so that's right out, but their living relatives (the rulers of Tychris) would qualify.
Shame about Phyria, I could almost imagine myself writing a Phyria option myself, since she's low-impact on most story points... Probably wouldn't even need a new portrait, alter some combat moves when summoned, maybe a variable in some dream scenes. Maybe she pulls the spear... changes and... goes away. Or maybe... it empowers her soul/spirit enough to form a new physical body (like Kiyoko did, granted with the help of Keros) and she leaves the Champ's service as an ally and goes off to Tychris to work on the current perceived flaws and short-comings of her relatives. Of course... that might end up influencing later plot if she's around when the Champ travels to the City of Glass, but who knows what that means. I mean if your relative from hundreds of years before, stronger and purer in bloodline and obviously a competent bad-ass shows up again while you're struggling to just bear an heir... who knows what someone might do with her (well, I know what I'd like to do with her, and she seems okay with that). It would probably be a lot like Kiyoko's situation but more immediate and local, since Phyria seems like she would want to get involved.

So maybe it's for the best, and the other issue would be that, is as an alternate route, if you closed the door on Evelyn (I swear my Champ was just being gentlemanly and thought it might be appreciated when I met them later, gimme a second chance!). and Azzy and Laiden 'slipped' into a pool of honey... odds are you might have missed acquiring Phyria too. (I know I lost out on Evelyn and Phyria with my 900 day play-through first character (but I did have Azzy), but on my recent dark knight run... let's just say the a particular insight (and Brienne, just being herself)... just blew blew my mind (also apparently Kasyrra really likes me and has a fortress).

I guess, in terms of having a failsafe option to acquire Ashelander in the absence of better circumstances, Prince Nyze or Permanently Bimbo Azzy might be the easiest choices, (I would lean towards Nyze I think, it would probably alter his personality the least over Bimbo Azzy).

Last edited:

JustSomeGuy

Mar 17, 2018
If DQ doesn't count how does Azzyran, but now im just curious of what counts as royalty or nobility in the world like could anyone in Garth's family do it or Arona

Reactions: Colourless

QuedzaDrake

Sep 8, 2017
im getting "how does the Davy Jones curse work" flashbacks
what if i declared myself royalty?
what if other people declared me royalty?
do you have to recognized by other royalty?
how far on the line of succession you have to be to not count?
do bastard children not count?

i love this about magic requirements and curses, trying to figure out the loopholes no matter how stupid it is
because fuck the Fey

Last edited:

SylcarenBloodmoon

Aug 3, 2017
If DQ doesn't count how does Azzyran, but now im just curious of what counts as royalty or nobility in the world like could anyone in Garth's family do it or Arona

im getting "how does the Davy Jones curse work" flashbacks
what if i declared myself royalty?
what if other people declared me royalty?
do you have to recognized by other royalty?
how far on the line of succession you have to be to not count?
do bastard children not count?

i love this about magic requirements and curses, trying to figure out the loopholes no matter how stupid it is
because fuck the Fey

So I am assuming personally it has to do with bloodlines and such. So, Bastard children would count and as for Azzy Bees / Hornets do have queens so if they follow that logic then she would be related to Royalty by blood. The line of succession makes things a little murkier, but I assume it has to be a direct descendent of Royalty so if you have hornet kids with Azzy they could in Theory count as well. The others feel a bit more loopholeish but who knows?

I think the biggest example of why Gareth's Family wouldn't work is the station they had. They were Jarls and not some King or Queen thing. Same with Arona who is a chieftain possibly and doesn't reach that standard, but I also feel like that makes things even murkier as well. We also have to acknowledge that none of Gareth's family would want to do it if they could since well, they are all very content with their lives as tavern owners for the most part. Arona might do it, but I think Orc society wouldn't allow her to claim Royalty since as we see with her own mission, the chieftain position can be taken by pretty much anyone with enough strength, and as Hretha said in one of her after-conversations of Arona winning the chieftain spot that she knew it would eventually happen either from Arona or one of Argoth's Thanes.

Reactions: Ultra Chad

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
In my opinion and purely as philosophical exercise, for royalty purposes (specifically regarding the Spear's royalty requirements in this discussion), I tend to have the same line of thinking as SylcarenBloodmoon.

• I would offer that they'd have have to be a ruler of King/Queen status or a descendant, like a Prince or Princess (whether they have that title officially or not currently). And you'd have to be descended from at least one official king or queen, which might be why Kobold Queen wouldn't count even if she did meet other criteria.
"The Amazon Spear can only be used by royalty, direct lines."

Savin has indicated that there has to be a relatively recent link to actual ruling. Cait has about 4 to 5 generations of removal. She still is considered to have royal blood, but she's not treated as royalty in her own society or even country, so that might also be a factor.

• I would offer that the ruler has to have a domain and 'subjects' suitable to their domain.
Hornet queen has a hive and territory. Drider Queen doesn't seem to have a domain (certainly a hunting ground), nor a lair or settlement (that we've seen), nor does she seem to have any real subjects (Ihz would likely count as one if they end up getting together).

• I would say it can't only be a title. You can't just be declared 'King of the Gladiators' because you won in the Khor-Minos colosseum and your children wouldn't be considered 'prince/princess of the gladiators' just because you're 'king', even if your family is referred to as 'Gladiator royalty'. Same with being the 'King of Thieves'or something.

Savin also says the Kobold Queen isn't valid, I tend to disagree that she isn't a queen, but for purposes of the Amazon Spear, I'm not supported by kobold lore (according to Lyric), even though she's probably the most impressive kobold in the world or at least a vast portion of it, she's just considered a 'really, really powerful Village Mother', which is probably why the Harpy Matron, Zhara's mom, wouldn't be considered royalty even if she were referred to as the 'Harpy Queen'.
Kobold1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SylcarenBloodmoon

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
No gods, No masters
You're right! It was all a lie or a misconception! Anyone could remove the Amazon Spear, they just all believed the story was true and no one ever tried. I'm starting to think that's just an excuse the creators made because they just didn't want to have to write options for every single character in the game... those lazy bums!
We know your secret! We want dragon Anna sex at Pupperridge Farm! We want Dragon June scenes! We want dragon Milly scenes in the bakery where she's holding a spear and has milky dragon teats while we frost pastries!

Reactions: Furiae