Aries's Crazy Gun Hovel of Death and Awesomeness

Sep 8, 2015
Hey guys, upon Savin's suggetion I created this thread to post some of the weapon ideas I have for the game. I would appreciate if you guys could post a list of Existing Companies with what types of weapons/armor they develop so I can match the flavor texts accordingly.

Sep 8, 2015
Thx guys, now I know I have a rifle in the making but here is my first submission in Homage to that crazy senile Colonel in Red Power Armor we all know and love.

PAS-1 -Plasma Shotgun

Accuracy: 25

Physical Damage: 35

Kinetic: 5

Burning: 20

Electric: 10

Damage Flags:

Plasma, Energy weaponry

Buy Price: 20,000 credits

Sell Back Price: 10,000 credits

The PAS-1, affectionately known as "The Sarge" by it's ex-military testers, is Reaper Arms. first attempt of producing a plasma weapon, whilst not being able to produce a steady plasma stream without blowing up the weapon. The developers made the PAS into a specially designed Rail Launcher made to charge and propel custom made Smart "Plasma Slugs" as fast, if not faster than a conventional Kinetic round. The ammo is a specially designed case filled with multiple hollow crystal toroids filled with a trade secret chemical compound. As the slug passes through the barrel the crystal toroids become charged and the chemicals go from stable liquid to volatile gas that is detonated at a programmed safe distance programmed into the casing. The crystals arch flashes into plasma balls hurled at near super sonic speed creating a devastating bombardment on the enemy target. Due to the current limitations of the platform and the cost of the ammo this weapon was rejected by the Terran Coalition only to be embraced by the galaxies more wealthier gun collectors, providing Reaper Arms. with ample funding to research means to make this devastating weapon more affordable for the Coalition.

So guys this is my first one really a spur of the moment project after watching season 13 of Red Vs. Blue, but I think it would bring into the game that "futuristic shotgun" you guys may be looking for in the game.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Description and most of stats looking fine just one thing I see already. Total dmg of 35....atm slight much. Best one ranged weapons from Myrellion like Salamander series got total around 20 so it would push this one weapon of yours kinda 1-2 planets after Myrellion. So maybe think about if not somehow lower total dmg (well can also put some reason since it's already meantione it was first attempts of make plasma weapons so low dmg would be explainable.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
25 Accuracy is also bloody ridiculous, especially for a shotgun.

The trench shotgun also has 25 acc.

The reasoning is is that shotguns are guaranteed to hit, but damage increases with your aim as you can make more pellets (or pellet equivalent) hit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
25 Accuracy is also bloody ridiculous, especially for a shotgun.

Well depends if your the type of person who runs up and as my friend says when i ask how close "Close enough to fondle their balls", but yeah that accuracy and damage is way too high, especially since the current level cap is 8

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well depends if your the type of person who runs up and as my friend says when i ask how close "Close enough to fondle their balls", but yeah that accuracy and damage is way too high, especially since the current level cap is 8

Yeah think atm progress is around 5-6 dmg more for each plot planet so with 30 dmg that would be in... 5th plot planet range and 11-12 lvl wise, which is stil quite song of a future to see it.

Sep 8, 2015
Like I said "The Sarge" is my first work, I don't mind seeing it down the road cause it'll give Fen, Savin, and the others a chance to integrate it properly into the game. The reason for damage and accuracy being the way it is because "The Sarge" is actually a weapon I am trying to develop in the real world. The amount of damage this thing is absolutely fucking beastly, 1 round could fuck a M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank used by the US and allied forces EVEN WITH the Ablative Armor they made. Plasma is like a low yield ball of molten metal and gas, the crystals actually replicate a type of IED I had to study when I was in the US Army where they pack plastic explosives in a coffee can and place a copper plate over the opening, these simple little toys and gut an Up-armored Humvee and a Abrams that doesn't have ablative armor. The chemical compound has been finalized because we are having difficulties coming up with a cost effective means of creating the type of compound we need.

To everyone who reads this, all but a few handful of weapons (light weight multi-barrel Gatling laser rifle) I post here are based on weapons I am actually designing by myself in real life, even the A.M.P.s Power armor (too be posted at a later date) and some others. Btw how would guys feel about specially designed combat gloves as a melee weapon? >:3

But my next couple of weapon releases will be ballistic based dubbed the "Direwolf" and the "Harrier", they will give the mercenary and smuggler class a couple of new toys to play with now (now being if and when they use them).

Also what kind of toys do you guys want to see and when and what levels do you want to see them at cause with my mad mind over clocked I can come up with anything! (please keep sex related weapons within reasonable parameters, I can only work with what I know can work)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
You say will wait for a respective planet for weapon of your design to be avialable. You know it can take year or two for that? So many things may change in this time. Hopefully you will stay firm in your resolve all this time.

Sep 8, 2015
Oh. It's this guy again. Heh.

Don't start that up again Fen and Alder cracked down and said it's over, you kick up old shit and I'll report you to them.

You say will wait for a respective planet for weapon of your design to be avialable. You know it can take year or two for that? So many things may change in this time. Hopefully you will stay firm in your resolve all this time.

You guys do have a point I am going to rework "The Sarge" and incorporate it into a larger submission once I got it looking presentable I'll post the link here. I just started so if you try and peek don't get your hopes up. Best part is I got someone who will proof read and edit the submission to get it looking professional.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Play nice, kids.

Also as mentioned, your Sarge is way overpowered, and that description will not fit in a tooltip. Weapons need 1-4 lines of text, max.

Sep 8, 2015
Aye, thx for the advice Savin, I was planning on knocking 10 points off the damage so it could be added with the rest of my new submission. I am reading the guide and got a good friend of mine whom is a programmer to run through each draft to get it up to par with your guys work! ^^

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Looking more and taking into account Savin words...desc can be as well cut down to first 2 sentences. Rest of it is well something you call techno-bambling that won't be needed into tooltip, maybe if we get ever something akin to extended description of each item or at least weapons/armors it would fit. On price: you jsut need put base price for it as sell/buy price is modified eventualy for each shopkeeper that buy/sell weapons (while most default all of them buy back at 50% base price some npc can have change during game course buy back prices).

Sep 8, 2015
Okay thanks for the advice, I will make sure I keep the base price and item descrip in mind when I get to the weapons, armor, clothing, and accessories part of the submission, this is gonna take me a week or two to get it all done right but I think you guys will like it.

Seriously though I would like to thank you guys for all the advice and tips, I hope my submission can meet up with the level of content Savin and the others have poured into the game. ^_^