Are save transfers possible?

BerwynStan

Jul 12, 2020
I’ve been playing CoC2 on my phone, but I will soon be getting a new phone and I really don’t want to start from scratch after all the progress I’ve made. Is there a way I can transfer the save to the new device?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Use the save to file option and then just email the file to yourself.

Or be a backer and use the Cloud saving function.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
On a related topic, has there been any consideration of having more than 50 save slots available for local storage?
Local storage is limited by the browser. It's pretty small too. It's possible now with all the flags and stuff in the game that 50 is already too many. I pulled 50 out of my ass based on rough calculations when all we had was the tutorial. This is also why the custom icon has such a low file size limit.

Reactions: Baggrin

agreenfish

Jun 24, 2019
Save to file -> Copy file to new device -> Load from file. This also works great for synchronizing between devices, especially if you use a flat-file sync program like Syncthing. (I wonder how many people are using git for their saves). On the mobile browser version, I believe "Save to file" generates a download.

BerwynStan

Jul 12, 2020
Save to file -> Copy file to new device -> Load from file. This also works great for synchronizing between devices, especially if you use a flat-file sync program like Syncthing. (I wonder how many people are using git for their saves). On the mobile browser version, I believe "Save to file" generates a download.
I have no idea how to do that

BerwynStan

Jul 12, 2020
I should have mentioned I am a backer and use cloud save, but I’m not sure how it would work? I dunno, I’m not very tech-savvy

agreenfish

Jun 24, 2019
I should have mentioned I am a backer and use cloud save, but I’m not sure how it would work? I dunno, I’m not very tech-savvy

Access the Data menu in the lower-right hand corner -- in the "To File" box select save. You will download a .CoC2 file containing your save in JSON format. Copy this file to the desired device -- whether this is a phone or computer, doesn't matter, the save is the same for all platforms. If you're on an Apple device, good luck; on Android you can probably just plug it into the computer, select MTP/Transfer Files on the phone, and copy it over. Or just email/text it to yourself, there's a hundred ways to transfer files. Once you've got the file over to your desired device, open up CoC2 there, and select Load Game->From File in the same Data Menu. Select that file and it'll load up your save.

Reactions: Paradox01

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
Access the Data menu in the lower-right hand corner -- in the "To File" box select save. You will download a .CoC2 file containing your save in JSON format. Copy this file to the desired device -- whether this is a phone or computer, doesn't matter, the save is the same for all platforms. If you're on an Apple device, good luck; on Android you can probably just plug it into the computer, select MTP/Transfer Files on the phone, and copy it over. Or just email/text it to yourself, there's a hundred ways to transfer files. Once you've got the file over to your desired device, open up CoC2 there, and select Load Game->From File in the same Data Menu. Select that file and it'll load up your save.

https://xkcd.com/949/

Reactions: agreenfish