Apparently i'm not allowed to update my own profile?

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Tried to edit me profile, add some snazy new pics and what not but I don't have access to it.  Was this intended, or is it just me?

Kitsune

Aug 27, 2015
Must be the changes they are making, you can see fenoxo.com slowly turning back into something visually pleasing. Wouldn't be surprised if they were tweaking forums too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
A black theme just showed up, so at least my eyes aren't getting burned anymore.

Kitsune

Aug 27, 2015
Yep, forums are now friendly to  your eyes at night, also you can now edit past 5 minutes. 

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
That's a nice sight to see!  I'm glad the forums are going up so fast.  Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I've p. much disabled loads of shit at random whilst I get around to actually going through things and configuring them appropriately to save people shitting up the place with dumbassery.

Today's mostly been theme, forum permissions, forum layout and shit so we'll see.

The Red Wiseman

Aug 27, 2015
I've p. much disabled loads of shit at random whilst I get around to actually going through things and configuring them appropriately to save people shitting up the place with dumbassery.

Today's mostly been theme, forum permissions, forum layout and shit so we'll see.

Thank you Gedan for the Forum editorial, I'm really loving the new site's visual templates.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, there's load of shit I have to keep digging out and changing in all kinds of weird places to sort it out though. All the white from embedded content is the worst offender, but there's other shit to that I need to hunt down (like the colour of the new-posts-below-here bar).

The Red Wiseman

Aug 27, 2015
I was starting to get tired of the white, especially the text box to reply is awfully bright around the midnight runs. Aside from the texts lacking character font changes (which you saw fit to restrict), some filter error and a couple of mixed and matched threads - it could be worse. At least from here we (the community and staff) can rebuild the Forums from scratch and correct the spunk we had to deal with from the old server, on the bright side, this server has a lot more to offer in features to work with. 

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I can edit my profile now [obvi]

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
There is literally zero reason anybody should have any need to actually use a different font when posting on forums than that which has been selected to be default. Colour is a little more touchy, but the amount of time I spent chasing special snowflakes playing games with coloured text means nobody gets to play with it now, not when restricting its usage takes like two clicks for me.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Playing games with colored text?

The Red Wiseman

Aug 27, 2015
I actually want to applaud you for that restriction, I remember Marauder's eyesore of color fonts and font sizes when going through all of his projects, I can distinctly remember alot of RP players abusing the fonts - positively horrible. 

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
People occasionally decide to be cute and decide to post using pink text for some reason I can't understand. And then when we edit out the colour tags they get huffy and edit them back in. We end up going around this roundabout a couple of times before we just ban them because we don't want to squint hard enough to actually make out what they've been saying anyway, so no great loss especially if they can't buck up after being told numerous times.

Kitsune

Aug 27, 2015
Is there an option for only the OP to use color fonts? I definitely see the convenience in having it available for tutorials and such.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
nah, just restricting it to specific groups wholesale

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I just CTRL+A if its a hard font to read [I'll admit some of the colors people used for characters in TiE had me doing that a lot so my eyes didn't melt].

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I think that bold and italics should be enough, but sometimes a bigger size might be needed for titles and such. Having said that, GoogleDocs covers it if it comes to bring projects and the like to the forum.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
People occasionally decide to be cute and decide to post using pink text for some reason I can't understand.

But what if we use colors for bug reporting  D :

TresdeLeche

Aug 27, 2015
I actually want to applaud you for that restriction, I remember Marauder's eyesore of color fonts and font sizes when going through all of his projects, I can distinctly remember alot of RP players abusing the fonts - positively horrible. 

And I still remember the hellish eye sores that Cari-Blood guy would do for his post.  To make matters worse, he got his panties in a twist when he was told to stop, so I can understand why taking the text color out was done.