Anyone figured out the most efficient ship weapons yet?

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Also, do turreted weapons have any particular advantage over non-turreted weapons? Since they have the extra requirement of needing a crew member to man it, it makes sense that they are better somehow

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Ship Weapons

Generally, Turrets use twice as much Energy, but do twice as much damage, either doubling shots (Gaining Double Shot or Double Shot -> Full-Auto), or doubling the damage dealt by each shot.

While I haven't tested all the weapons, I find Missile Turrets to be highly effective, since they have a low energy cost and do Kinetic and Burning (meaning they are good against Shields, which have a resistance to Kinetic, and Armor). They also have +10 Accuracy, which benefits whatever other weapons you have.

You could also have 1 weapon for Shields (EM or Laser), and another for Armor (Machine Gun).

You could also get your Systems up (80 is enough to likely succeed vs Dr Teyaal's MS-XI) and use a Shield Vampire to strip the target of their Shields.

Last edited:

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Adding advanced crew quarters would also be a plus, but I suppose most people resort to the 'clown car' cheat still.

shrikes

Apr 24, 2017
Ship weapons are all the items that can be equipped as a ship weapon.

Each non-standard weapon requires a Mod/Crew Capacity slot to install

Weapons with the turret flag require a crew member capable of piloting them

List of crew members capable of piloting turrets

Anno
Kase
Mitzi
Paige
Penny
Ramis
Reaha
Shekka
Syri
Siegwulfe

Syri can man weapons now? Did I miss one of the patch notes that put her on the crew, or is this just in preparation for when you can recruit her some time "soon (tm)"?

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
I want to educate my slave Sera in weapons operation. I know she has no background in it yet, but pets can be trained.

Note re efficiency: Spending a turn regenning energy doubles your recharge rate. I think this means it can be more efficient to have a bunch of turrets that exceeds your normal energy regen, and spend every third or so turn not firing.

SeriousBlueJewel

Nov 5, 2018
Ship weapons are all the items that can be equipped as a ship weapon.

Each non-standard weapon requires a Mod/Crew Capacity slot to install

Weapons with the turret flag require a crew member capable of piloting them

List of crew members capable of piloting turrets

Anno
Kase
Mitzi
Paige
Penny
Ramis
Reaha
Shekka
Syri
Siegwulfe

Syri can man weapons now? Did I miss one of the patch notes that put her on the crew, or is this just in preparation for when you can recruit her some time "soon (tm)"?
She was supposed to be commented out but when she eventually joins the crew she will be capable of using turrets.

Reactions: shrikes