Anyone cringe when they see their old comments or is it just me?

qwerty

Sep 14, 2016
So i came back to TITS and this forum about a week or two ago and my god have I changed...because some of the crap I said in the few posts I made I don't even recognise as something i'd say now...its just cringe overload :D

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Nope. Everything I post is pure gold.

That's because your cringe posts got lost in Eternal September, didn't it. Also, you started posting here THIS YEAR.

Most of my old posts here are mostly me learning the games and making remarks to that effect.

Edit: Also, welcome back qwerty.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Eh, most of my comments are either jokes or biting sarcasm, so it doesn't really bother me.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
That's because your cringe posts got lost in Eternal September, didn't it.
Whoa, was that a crack about my age? Damn, that's a deep dive, I almost missed it. Good one!

Chewing.gif

Reactions: Shanghai_Hourai

qwerty

Sep 14, 2016
Edit: Also, welcome back qwerty.

ty sumgai
I was mostly just a lurker back then never really posting but more just reading the shit other people posted
honestly I think the most cringe worthy comment i made was when i got ovir and ovipositor mixed up :D
yeah I felt like a right walley after that I can tell you

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Whoa, was that a crack about my age? Damn, that's a deep dive, I almost missed it. Good one!

I'm surprised that you don't come back at me for KNOWING what Eternal September is. :ghost:

ty sumgai
I was mostly just a lurker back then never really posting but more just reading the shit other people posted
honestly I think the most cringe worthy comment i made was when i got ovir and ovipositor mixed up :D
yeah I felt like a right walley after that I can tell you

That's a small mistake, but it's good to know when you done goofed. ;)

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
I was ashamed of myself when I read back my posts under a different alias. Thank god the old Forums got deleted. At least now I'm a better person and have matured a bit since then but I agree that seeing the old comments I've made have really made me cringe very hard. I usually think, "wow, I was an asshole and very petty over trivial shit." Now my perception is different and have better grasp over most of my actions, still need to work on my aggression and anxiety episodes. There are times where I feel I want to post something but then remembered how I was reading my old comments and realize: I don't wanna go back to being that guy again. So I delete those comments and posts.

I believe those old comments serve as a reminder that there is a consequence for our actions. Good and Bad. So in essence, they should stay as they are to keep ourselves in check. You never know when those posts will come back to bite you in the ass. Lest we forget, the rules have changed since the old forums, some things carry more punishment to prevent such kinds of old comments and habits from returning to the new forums. I can appreciate that.

I'm not nostalgic, but I do think we're better people from before we made those comments.

Kitsune Lord Momiji

Jan 12, 2016
Hawkethorne
My existence is a continued state of looking back every five years and going "Why in God's name did I post that?"

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
I've been doing the forums thing since 2012 or earlier, and 99.9% of what I have said in the past, I would still stand by today.