Any ways to add sprite for an existing character?

saccharin

Dec 29, 2021
I've been trying to give Sheila some sprite( and some love, darn she deserves some doesnt she), using JPEXS to probe around coc files.

I've figured out how to add images under the image folder and that I have to designate every encounters in classes.Scenes.NPCs.SheilaScene to show her sprite, but anything other than that is beyond my capacity. I have no idea how to add so-called 'character tag' to an image, how to link it so that the game'd consider it as Sheila's sprite, or even how to add new code (as file? script? or w/e it is called) under the display folder.

Can anyone give me some advice on this? I am unfamiliar to coding, and have been relying on other files in coc or our almighty lord google, so please forgive me if I don't catch up your lead or do/have done something completely doofus. I haven't a clue what file to meddle with, so just a big outline of what to do would help me greatly. Or if you deem it's a tad too hard work for a novice, feel free to tell me to give up so I can move on.

Oh and does anyone happen to know how to resize sprites? I've replaced some of the character's sprites and they seem a bit smaller that I expected ingame.