Another small Bess xpack

Whimsalot

Jul 20, 2017
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MVJKv-IHzuvMN9MP15qgFIOU2QHoJ1uMBB-uA712Ojc/edit?usp=sharing

As I am apparently the only one crazy enough to work with Bess, I figured there are a couple of things that might varant another small xpack.

So far, I concentrated mostly on on updating her accessories (there are been tons of TFs that were never added to her menu) and finally including an option to change her job (cause that option was mentioned, but never actually added).

There are a couple more ideas I have (like rewriting her Gravball scene to be a repeatable event or adding more crew members to her scenes), but considering my lackluster writing, it might take a long time untill they are finished.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for new scenes for Bess&Ben, I love to hear them.

Last edited:

Strijoca

Aug 27, 2015
A Bess expack, huh?

Even if you lack as a writer, I wish you good luck on your project.

If you go through all of this, without losing interest/disappearing on us, would it be possible to write the pregnancy expack that she was originally planned to get?

Whimsalot

Jul 20, 2017
I dont know if a pregnancy xpack would ever be accepted into the game as it would add another level of complexity to her already complex code :p

But I got a long list of cut/unfinished stuff I would love to add if I get around writing it and pregnancy is certainly on there somewhere.

Reactions: Strijoca

Strijoca

Aug 27, 2015
Maybe a cow bell collar that could go with the Bovine set.
Or maybe a variety of accessories to go with the various available accessory/outfit sets.

Whimsalot

Jul 20, 2017
Dunno, that whole katana/glasses thing doesnt use the parser mechanic, so it would have to added manually for every possible scene. Maybe that whole thing should be reworked like the PCs accessories so Bess could only euipped one to keep it manageable.

I am currently playing around with the idea of some kind of nurse upgrade for Bess. I feel it would fit her character and would make sense lorewise (as both the Nursedroids and Bess/Ben are made by JoyCo). It would also require the Player to finish her quest one way or another, so there is finally a use for ending her story early by keeping her a regular android (for people that doent care about her quest but want the medic). Also hopefully makes writing easier if I dont have to account for the events.

However, I have no idea how to acess that upgrade.... put it in a shop? Have enemies drop parts of it and then have someone assemble it?

Last edited:

Whimsalot

Jul 20, 2017
I added some menu blurbs for Bess and the healing scene. Not perfectly happy with it, but I feel it gets worse the more I change.

Can someone take a look and tell me if it fits with the JimT stuff?

Whimsalot

Jul 20, 2017
Oh, completly forgot that you cant leave her behind once you finish her story. I see what I can do.

Reactions: Athena