Android app ate settings including language filters again

AmanitaVerna

Nov 17, 2022
It also ate the saves, but y'all have already said you won't or can't fix that. My question is if we're supposed to work around the app periodically forgetting our saves by saving to files, why can't we also export our settings? Especially considering the degree to which the language filters can be customized. And also, if the app can save to files, why isn't it doing that to begin with instead of whatever it's doing now which is prone to losing all our data every time the app rolls a nat 1?

(None of my other apps periodically accidentally forget all their data, I don't get why this one is supposedly unfixable)

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
I've not had this issue with the app. Are you perhaps referring to the browser version? If not, this may be an issue with your device.

AmanitaVerna

Nov 17, 2022
No, I'm not referring to the browser version. The last time it did this was... going by the dates on my backup saves, between 10 and 11 months ago.

AmanitaVerna

Nov 17, 2022
And it just did it again. I started a new character last night, and this morning it was gone and it had forgotten all my settings again.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Apparently, Android made a change on version 11 that wipes the data of seldom used apps and revokes permissions. Go into settings, find apps, select the game, go into permissions and change Pause Activity If Unused to off and see if that helps.

AmanitaVerna

Nov 17, 2022
Apparently, Android made a change on version 11 that wipes the data of seldom used apps and revokes permissions. Go into settings, find apps, select the game, go into permissions and change Pause Activity If Unused to off and see if that helps.
That isn't the culprit in this case, since (a) Android 13 pops up a message whenever it revokes permissions of seldom used apps, (b) it doesn't wipe their data, (c) I had used it a couple days earlier so it hadn't been long enough, (d) I already had that setting turned off for TiTS anyways (I just checked), even though it does not seem to have ever asked for any permissions.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
From what I've found, this seems to be an issue with Android 11+ and nobody has really found a workaround for it, not even on the dev site. It's an Internal Storage issue that's somewhat common with Android and External Storage may be the only solution. It might be a long shot, but maybe try moving the app to your SD card. If it's running from external storage it might not get wiped?

Last edited:

AmanitaVerna

Nov 17, 2022
I don't think the current app can be moved to an SD card? I haven't checked since I got my current phone a year or so ago, since it doesn't even have an SD card slot, but I had an SD card in my old (Android 8.1!) phone, and the JS app couldn't be moved to it, and also wiped my data several times on that phone too, iirc.

I am once again asking why the Android app does not simply save settings and saves into storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.fenoxo.tits/files. The folder exists, but nothing is ever placed in it.