An RP Setting Collection Document

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Literally the title, this is a project I fully plan to lead and run. One thing I noticed is that at times it can be hard for people to get solid character ideas down. As an experienced writer/RPer of many years (though I basically have like a 10th of that time at best in erotic stuff), I've decided to take a big step toward bringing something together to help out the GMs and players out there who are looking for more... depth.

With that, I present the World-apedia.

There are many goals involved with this project, the first being of course to make a document for myself and those I'm RPing with that allows quick referencing to material that will aid us in character generation and adding flavor to various elements of the RPing. TiTs, CoC, and FoE all share something in common in that they have databases with information similar to this, with TiTs actually having the in-game Codex to bestow fluff knowledge to people. Think of this as very much the same sort of idea. Initially, I'll be reaching out to some of the other GMs on the site and asking if they'd like to take part in compiling entire worlds (an example literally off the top of my head would be like if one of Xatarias' RP threads was set in the same world as one of my RPs, effectively allowing someone from my continent to be a traveler of some sort in his RP) into settings. This doesn't mean we're combining everything into one setting, though, as obviously some worlds might not have continents that mesh remotely in terms of technology, religions, or world information (if someone's setting has many documents ensuring the worlds literally falls off into a black hole or something, then clearly there isn't any other locations in that setting). In fact, this doesn't mean anything has to be combined at all. This project is entirely voluntary to those who have aspirations of making a more connected fantasy, sci-fi, whatever type of setting.

It should be noted that this is, effectively, something that we can already do via PMs or individually with one another. The reason for this document, however, is to make a combined and public-access styled document that the people who might come by but find the lack of information for certain RPs lacking. This is purely a project that will, in my hope, allow us to build stuff with plenty of rich lore despite the fact our worlds might be a bit dirtier in the sexual sense.

Anyone who is interested in aiding me in this project can contact me via PM or in this thread, but I will be trying to reach out to some of the more established writers among the site's RP community. If we can build this sort of thing up, imagine it sorta like a D&D intro. Your character could take time to build up and fluff out but have little to no named locations or referenced events... but then you pull this out and can point at a section like "See? You can find out MORE about my dude/dudette/hermdude(?)!"

Oh right, here's the current link allowing people to comment. Just remember that anyone who leaves useless comments or complaints without suggestions on how to fix/improve something (don't say you hate the format and then sit there all smug just go make a version in a better format and we can try and use that) will likely have their stuff deleted to keep it clean. It's rough and ugly (I'm terrible at Google Docs), but I think it should convey a sort of idea on what it can become given enough love and attention. https://docs.google.com/document/d/192_jvUMwWQDCUzsoTVyRZuH36FSO7XOPX17qmlkaPpI/edit?usp=sharing