An Addition to Gastigoth: Zaalt

v.mum

Mar 2, 2018
I've been interested in contributing to the TITS community a while now with various things, like making busts, updating the wiki in small places i can, etc.

one thing i want to do, as a writer, though, is contribute to the game itself. looking through the parcer information, looking through the forum, trying to figure out. im not quite sure on how to do it yet- but i have every intention on trying. seeing as im new to it all, and should not just make assumptions and jump in, id ask on the forums to avoid stepping on toes.

the first idea i wanted to write is an additional character to Gastigoth, as the title states. Zaalt, of the Ice Queen Distress Mission. the idea is pretty simple- if you turn him into the authorities instead of killing him, he eventually shows up in Gastigoth as a fuckable npc. given the possibility of milodan pregnancy, he's maybe also be an optional route for the impregnation feature and could impregnate steele.

now since i don't know what the Writing/Coding community of the game is like, i didn't want to be stepping on the toes of someone whos 'in charge' of Gastigoth's development, or if zaalt already has a future in tits slated (to the absolute best of my knowledge, after the single distress mission he's not going to show up again.) that all said, im still learning... how to do the writing, so im not sure where to start, if anyone has any tips and pointers.

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
Deeefinitely should ask Savin (him being Zaalt's creator) if you could have permission to write content for that character to begin with before going ahead with this.

That being said, since you're a new writer, a good way to get your feet wet (especially when it comes to how parsers work) is to make a transformative item, or you can start on a small project involving your own OC, and expand from there. Once you become more comfy with writing, then it might be good to work on scenes from other characters. The main problem with working on other's characters tends to be emulating their writing style as well, and hoping you have their characterization down 100% to what the original author intended. With making something your own, you have a LOT more room for freedom and feedback as well!

v.mum

Mar 2, 2018
i assume @Savin is more than likely busy, but ill tag and pose the question anyway. is there any content regarding Zaalt in the future? any sort of intents or purpose that even submitting something would step on your toes or would it just be an annoyance merely because you dont want anyone writing your own characters? and in the case of the later, do you take requests on writing scenes (im assuming not), and do you take commissions (my attempt to check your forums about for such information didnt result in much in answers for that).

given Zaalt's very limited screen time, no, i dont think i could 100% match his character, even considering i have a lot of experience writing for characters that are not my own. perhaps ill consider something simpler, like an item or oc (im absolutely d y i n g for more male Gabilani, and a couple masc crew mates) for my first submission to the game. still, id love to see more of zaalt, a very interesting encounter and character, and more folk in gastigoth.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Its generally a good idea (and just good manners) to message a character's creator and run the idea past them first. And they might have their own ideas/preferences.

Regarding Zaalt though, I get the feeling that's going to be something of a hassle, as he is one of the few characters that we know who can be confirmed killed by Captain Steele. So that's going to be something you'll have to account for.

But again, like Lkynmbr24 said, you're best bet is to start small. Make a new transformative item. Or create a new character. If you're looking to add to Gastigoth, consider creating your own minor league convict. Maybe an accountant in one of the Steeletech departments tried to embezzle funds and did some stupid things to cover their tracks, only for Captain Steele to come in and bust their ass. Or maybe some idiot made the mistake of trying to mug Steele and now they're going to get mugged every time they go for a shower.

v.mum

Mar 2, 2018
Regarding Zaalt though, I get the feeling that's going to be something of a hassle, as he is one of the few characters that we know who can be confirmed killed by Captain Steele. So that's going to be something you'll have to account for.

i see you there- but that is only one option, killing zaalt. i suppose that may make the codding a bit tougher, given theres a route where he's dead, but the other two, he lives. the idea would only apply to the route in which you turn him in upon arrival to uveto- or, maybe, if you helped him, he could have gotten himself arrested again later? one or two route he lives and gets himself landed in gastigoth, the other he dies.

i thought zaalt would have been an easy place to start, but, youre right. a small time oc character may be a better place. perhaps something new- theres not a lot of pregnancy opportunities for all the species out there, so making an oc of one of the smaller species would be a gateway to a new interesting breed of children. (im stupidly fond of the nursery and kids, so i suppose its only my interest.) i may create that new character instead- although im once more unsure of how welcoming the moding and editing communities are to new idiots walking in yelling "heres my new oc, i barely know how to write for this game, please figure out the rest for me". seems annoying at best, and theres not a lot of.... templating ive sceen for how to format it all.

thanks for the suggestions, no less, ill try and figure it out.

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
This seems like a pretty easy, straightforward first writing job. I have no future plans for him, so.... Sure, go for it. Always thought it'd be neat to see him at Gastigoth.

Reactions: Zavos

Gizmo1206

Aug 28, 2015
adding a npc to the prison that can knock up Steele? yes please :D anyways good luck on your efforts if you decide to write it

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
It' just going to be the milodan generic pregnancy so you don't even have to worry about that part.

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
This is something I've been hoping for for a while. I can help you edit if you'd like.