Amber seed, does it exist?

Konabird

Feb 17, 2017
I've done a lot of searching around and found out about avian TF and something called Amber seed, but I can't find any details on where to get it or anything. Some people say it isn't in the public build yet, some people say it is, some people say you get it from Jade's shop. I don't know what is going on.

So is this item in the game or not? :V

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
Oops, my mistake for giving misleading info before I looked into it... :confused: I didn't see that blog post for when they did released the Amber Seed item oddly...

Deepest apologies. :oops:

Last edited:

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
It is in the public build and you get it from Jade's shop, although your PC needs to be above a certain level, I believe six. Give me a moment and I'll find the blog post.

Reactions: Lkynmbr24

Konabird

Feb 17, 2017
It is in the public build and you get it from Jade's shop, although your PC needs to be above a certain level, I believe six. Give me a moment and I'll find the blog post.
So more items appear the higher level you become?

Konabird

Feb 17, 2017
That's only how it works for a few specific shops, not the majority, but yes, that is correct.
Oh gosh, thank you so much for clearing that up. I tried looking at the wiki too and it's just not there. I was beginning to lose hope! Were you able to find that blog post you mentioned? I'd still be interested in reading it.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I quickly scanned through the blog and missed it somehow, so here is the forum page with [Implemented] in front of the title, as well as the google doc with all the information about it.

EDIT: I didn't feel right just giving up without finding the official change log, so I went and found it.
Also, Amber Seed did at one point have a wiki page, but it was eaten by the internet when the wiki underwent reformatting.

Last edited:

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
And here's the Backers Build Blog to when it was first added in as well for good measure.

Felt bad for giving misinterpreted info so I tried to help too! :oops:

Konabird

Feb 17, 2017
So does the amber seed it's self give the oviposition perk? How do you go about receiving that perk?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
The perk causes you to birth eggs once every ~30 days only if you haven't had another pregnancy in that time.

EDIT: Also, try looking at your perk list, the text telling you you got it isn't the clearest and can be easily missed.

Konabird

Feb 17, 2017
The perk causes you to birth eggs once every ~30 days only if you haven't had another pregnancy in that time.

EDIT: Also, try looking at your perk list, the text telling you you got it isn't the clearest and can be easily missed.
Yeah I checked that. I dunno what's going on :< do I need to wait the 30 days before the perk will appear?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Yeah I checked that. I dunno what's going on :< do I need to wait the 30 days before the perk will appear?
Beats me, I haven't used it before. The google doc doesn't have the parameters either. The GitHub code would, but I've never looked there before, so I'd have no idea where to look.

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
The perk will always be there. You need to take an amber seed during the fourth stage of an ovilium pregnancy. It should mention you giving birth soon. Just rest a few times to make each blurb appear.

Last edited: