Amara Faell

Mikey

May 19, 2016
Any tips on beating Amara in the second Kara quest. I know I defeated her once before but I’m honestly having a hell of a time with her right now. As a smuggler I’ll flash bang and take down all the grunts, but I’m unable to defeat her before she defeats me. Any special equipment I should try to get? Or is maybe a seduction a more viable way to beat her?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Seduction does work. I'd recommend using Stealth Field Generator if you have it and ignoring the Black Void Troopers. The fight ends when you defeat Amara.

According to the Wiki she's got a weakness to Freezing. You can get a Cryolizer from Kattom on Myrellion. You could also get a FZR Fire Suppression System from Shekka, which is a mixed bag for Smugglers. The bad news: It's got a fairly hefty -5 Evasion and only shoots once, even with Second Shot. The good news: It inflicts a unique debuff that decreases target Evasion by 50 and causes attacks with the Crushing flag to deal double damage.

In general I'd recommend Smugglers pick up a Stun Chance weapon, because Sneak Attack/Aimed Shot also triggers off of Stuns.
Shock Bow from Crazy Carl is the only Ranged Stun Weapon that does HP damage.
Melee Smugglers can pick up the Lightning Rod from Carl instead.
Custom Shock Gear is the best melee weapon in the game, as far as I'm concerned. It's even got bonus Evasion. Unfortunately, you have to beat Shizuya in a spar to get it. It also combos extremely well with the FZR.

I would have suggested the Royal Shard Bow, but on testing an old save, it doesn't seem to connect much. Otherwise, she doesn't seem to have any resistance to it.

Are you Melee or Ranged? What are your stats?

Reactions: Senera2000