Amara Faell feels like a Forced Bad End

Escuro

Mar 1, 2018
Like, seriously. I'm just under level 6, smuggler, all that jazz. I came to this part of the Kara Quest as soon as I got it, and as soon as I normally did. I haven't played this quest since there were wild updates to combat ages ago. Back then, at this level, the fight was passable.

Right now, even on EASY MODE, Amara feels plainly impossible to beat, to the point where I don't even think I could do this at max level. She regenerates more shields per round than I can possibly damage her with, she's immune to lust, hell she's practically immune to all fuckin damage. She's a nigh-on completely invincible Villain Sue in that quest, and for reason she STILL gets three guys backing her up?

Seriously, why is she so ridiculously OP? As I said, I'm playing on Easy Mode, and I have found myself 7-round-stunned-to-death three times in the past few minutes while beating my head on this brick-wall. If you care enough about people playing who really aren't here for a combat experience, why not just put a "Kill Enemy" button by this point?? Because it seems some bosses are so goddamn powerful that they're impossible even when, and I quote, "the difficulty level for combat is greatly reduced".

She's level 7, so that's only two levels of difference, but for a quest you can GET at this level, Amara's unavoidable boss fight is quite effectively a complete soft-lock of the save file. :/

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
She has a 25% weakness to Freezing damage.
She does Kinetic and Burning damage. Use appropriate armor and shields.
Higher stats will help as well. There are various characters that can train them.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Try using Vamp Blade (ideally Tweaked Vamp Blade) as a weapon and JoyCo Shield Generator (Elite) as a shield.
Also (if Zheng Shi is available) you can buy a Tech-Modded Jumpsuit from Urbolg.
Also don't forget about Warden Shield (boost your health and evasion) and Crystal Shard (boost your defense).

Note: if your smuggler is not melee...well, I feel sorry for you, I find ranger strictly inferior to melee, although Theron (respected by me) considers the choice of build between melee and ranger not very fundamental.

TheShepard256

she's immune to lust
She isn't; it's only the grunts that are. Not only do I distincly remember defeating her by squirting milk in her face, I just used Sense on her in the current version and saw she had no weakness or resistance to any form of lust-based damage. Also, the resistances mentioned above only apply to her HP; her Shields have the usual weakness to Electric damage.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I just want more Amara.. iirc the way I beat Amara in that quest was teasing the fk out of her.. goo gun from Anno will help. But I dont complete Kara's quest until the sister (why have I forgotten the sexy milf kitty's name?) is on Uveto and by the time I reached Uveto Steele is usually up to the max level.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I don't think I've ever done this quest at level 6. I usually grind to level 8 via the Wetraxxel Brawler & Hounds (easy & good XP). What are your stats? What equipment are you using?
The Stun is a Physique check (Physique/2 + 1 + (0-20) < 35). This is actually much higher than the usual formula would produce (25).
Physique: 30
Reflexes: 25
Aim: 30
Intelligence: 12
Willpower: 35

How long ago did you last do this quest? (There are probably more.)
Passive Evasion cap reduced to 50%. Stealth Field Generator still breaks the cap by 40%, 90% total. Used to be you could guarantee misses.
Stunned targets take less Tease damage, but Paralyzed targets take more. You'd think Blinded targets would also take less, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Stun Chance changed from a flat 1/5 chance to an Aim/Physique vs Physique check.
Hit/Miss calculations were changed to make Reflexes more impactful.
Sexiness was reworked to have a smaller total variance.
Tease Skill was replaced with Libido. Higher Libido is better, unless you have the Ice Cold character creation perk.

It might also just be general jankiness from the port. I know there was an effort made to prevent Stun-locking, sounds like it didn't make the transfer.

Power Potions from Vending Machines are no longer automatically consumed. You can buy a stack and keep them in your inventory for +100 Energy/use. No limit on how many can be used per combat.
You could try giving yourself Aprho Dasies or EM Poppers via the Cheat Menu. You could try a Tease weapon ([Heavy/Advanced] Slut Ray/Bimbolium Emitter/Royal Shard Bow) + Bimbolium Defense System for the Lust win.
You can also probably use console commands (F12) to reset your HP and Shields.
pc.HPRaw =
pc.shieldsRaw =

Last edited:
Reactions: Baggrin

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
You're super underleveled for this, you're 2 levels off from where she is and saying that you can't win, that's not surprising given you're 2 levels below her and she's meant to be a hard boss. Being nearly level 6 is no better than being barely level 5, partial levels don't do anything for you.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I still stand by what I said.. just did the Kara quest on my bimbo kaithrit Steele and Amara is piss easy to defeat, just tease her. Go Max level.

Escuro

Mar 1, 2018
Alright, I'm not responding to everyone individually, but I got out of the fight. How? Cheating.

I was NOT about to entertain the idea of Kara dying so I was effectively soft-locked in that boss-fight. I could NOT get out of it otherwise. You might ask how I cheated. Well simple.

I put the game on Easy Mode. I used a save editor to set all my stats to the level max of 25. I then also gave myself a health and energy modifier of +500, and added +200 to all of my stats. I was invisible with Stealth Generator for the majority of the fight.

It still took about 15 rounds to kill her, and she STILL ALMOST WON.

Amara's stats are off the charts, there's no other way about it. Playing legitimately, I have no fucking clue how any of you can claim to be able to beat her even at max level. She may not be immune to lust, because the game claims she isn't, but that didn't really mean much when one of the last attempts I did before cheating was to spend all six rounds I could survive teasing her repeatedly only for her lust to not change by even 1 point.

Like I said, I do not in any way play this game for the combat. In my opinion, Easy Mode should quite literally be FOR players like this; it should make combat almost completely trivial. It shouldn't allow a boss to still very nearly win when my stats are modded off the charts from what would ever be possible for a normal player to achieve.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
It sounds like you're just not willing to try. If you're looking for some one size fits all cookie cutter approach, maybe you should stick to watching videos. That's about the level of non-difficulty you're describing here. It's like playing a Resident Evil game without trying to get headshots. You're kneecapping yourself.

Last edited:

TheShepard256

She may not be immune to lust, because the game claims she isn't, but that didn't really mean much when one of the last attempts I did before cheating was to spend all six rounds I could survive teasing her repeatedly only for her lust to not change by even 1 point.
What's your Libido, and do you have the Ice Cold perk? Because if your Libido is low and you don't have Ice Cold, the accuracy and damage of your Tease attacks will be severely hampered; they're most effective at 100+ Libido, though close to 0 Libido with Ice Cold is a close second. Additionally, since she's higher level than you, she'll take 30% less damage per level difference (stacking multiplicatively) from your Tease attacks.

bibbitybobbityboop

Aug 1, 2022
Like, seriously. I'm just under level 6, smuggler, all that jazz.
(...)
She's level 7, so that's only two levels of difference, but for a quest you can GET at this level, Amara's unavoidable boss fight is quite effectively a complete soft-lock of the save file. :/
Wow, I'd never go to KaraQuest2 at level 5. I'm honestly shocked you got past the pirate juggernaut to reach Amara. Some thoughts:

1: I learned to always create a separate save before an NPC sends me off somewhere, specifically because I might not be ready.
2: I dunno if you're a melee or a ranged snuggler, but in either case, your starter ability (flash grenade/pocket sand) is your best friend.
3: In the next few levels, you gain abilities to regenerate stamina and gain ridiculous evasion. Leveling up is extremely valuable in TiTS.
4: For teasing, consult TheShepard256's post above, and this thread and this one for additional information. Most tease stuff is independent of class.
5: In the future, it can sometimes help to post your save (save to file, attach file to post) so we can see what's going on, both with the situation and your character's build and perks.

I know you're past that encounter now, but rushing headlong into things (which isn't bad, mind you) means you may end up in a similar situation again. Definitely always save separately before embarking on a quest that implies travel. That way you'll never get "soft-locked" like this again.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Amara's stats are off the charts, there's no other way about it. Playing legitimately, I have no fucking clue how any of you can claim to be able to beat her even at max level. She may not be immune to lust, because the game claims she isn't, but that didn't really mean much when one of the last attempts I did before cheating was to spend all six rounds I could survive teasing her repeatedly only for her lust to not change by even 1 point.

Like I said, I do not in any way play this game for the combat. In my opinion, Easy Mode should quite literally be FOR players like this; it should make combat almost completely trivial. It shouldn't allow a boss to still very nearly win when my stats are modded off the charts from what would ever be possible for a normal player to achieve.
If you have no sexiness providing gear, low libido, and also don't have Ice Cold (which boosts your teases at low libido), then of course you'll not do any tease damage. Without any of those, you'll be missing most of your teases and the ones that do will do practically nothing. Most of my characters are not teased focus, but they always build enough into tease that I practically just cheese Amara with teases, because, if you have even just a bit of sexiness and libido, it is practically a super-easy mode for this fight.
And of course you would struggle to win against boss several levels higher than you. Your stat caps are low, your health is low, and you're missing several perks.
She regenerates more shields per round than I can possibly damage her with, she's immune to lust, hell she's practically immune to all fuckin damage.
Were you using energy weapons? She's only "practically immune" to energy weapons, to which she has a 94.5% damage resistance. She has a 25% immunity to kinetic attacks, which is some resistance, but it is way less than "practically immune."

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
She's only "practically immune" to energy weapons, to which she has a 94.5% damage resistance.

The wiki in this case... how to put it this way... is falsely inaccurate. As far as I understand: this is actually a resistance to LASER weapon, not to any energy ones.
0.7.59 Amara_3.png0.7.164 Amara.png0.7.190 Amara.png0.7.210 Amara.png0.8.139 Kara_3.pngAmara 0.6.40.png

Although, of course, my data as related to the flash version may be outdated, but I strongly doubt it.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
The wiki in this case... how to put it this way... is falsely inaccurate. As far as I understand: this is actually a resistance to LASER weapon, not to any energy ones.
Given that her base armor is Void Plate, which has the Mirrored flag, that makes sense. Although it does modify some of the base resistances, I don't see anything that removes/modifies Mirrored.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Although it does modify some of the base resistances, I don't see anything that removes/modifies Mirrored.

I'm assuming that the wiki shows the final figure, taking into account the other properties of this armor, which is why the resistance of the "energy weapon" has such a strange indicator, with fractions of a percent, which I have not seen in any enemy.