Alternative ways to deal with visual puzzles?

Papa Charlie

Feb 13, 2019
I'm not sure if this belongs in the ideas forum instead of the general forum, but I wanted to toss this up here.

I posted a few days back in the ideas forum about issues with accessibility mainly with screen readers. The big issue I'm running in to right now are with the minigames, mainly Lights Out. With out spoiling anything, I've ran in to a point where solving a lights out is forcing me to complete a side mission. I assume at this point there's nothing I can do to deal with this? Any help is appreciated.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Are you saying you can't figure it out, or that a small phone screen is hurting your ability to do it? It is a very, very simple puzzle.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
No. I'm blind and use a screen reader so am unable to do the puzzle. My apologies for not being clearer.
Oh, alright, my bad. We have had people who couldn't do them before though. Sadly, I don't know how to help you, but I hope someone does.

Hden

Nov 6, 2018
The only quick solution that comes to my mind is that he sends his save game to someone who saves after the puzzle and sends him the missing text.

A long-term solution can only be implemented with the help of the writers and coders.

Direnthius

May 16, 2023
early in the game this won't help BUT once you get past level 7 and are travelling to many different worlds there is a specific random encounter with a pirate that comes up every so often. The ship in the encounter is a level 7 ship but if you defeat the pirate in this encounter you are given three options one of which is to take their tech. If you choose to take the tech instead of the other options you receive an item called an "entropy gremlin" and you can use those to automatically complete minigame puzzles like the lights out minigame.