Alter companions

K

Kalixto

I imagine it is impossible, but it would be nice to be able to alter the bodies of the partners
Giving them consumables to be able to create your perfect harem ....... a pipe dream I know ...... but it would be nice to have your perfect Wifu / husb

Squirrelwagon

Jun 15, 2016
I’m guessing you didn’t check the “Give Item” option for the companions at the Frost Hound, because you can give them TFs. There’s limits to what you can and can’t change them into, but a lot of writers have that support option. You can also check the wiki to see what else you can do.

K

Kalixto

I’m guessing you didn’t check the “Give Item” option for the companions at the Frost Hound, because you can give them TFs. There’s limits to what you can and can’t change them into, but a lot of writers have that support option. You can also check the wiki to see what else you can do.

If I saw it but it would be good to be able to make more changes, remove and put penises and vaginas it would be much better, but I guess that bar is to comply with what is there, hopefully add other options, for now

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I imagine it is impossible, but it would be nice to be able to alter the bodies of the partners
Giving them consumables to be able to create your perfect harem ....... a pipe dream I know ...... but it would be nice to have your perfect Wifu / husb

And all their sex scenes would be generic, sucky garbage because it's already shitty enough writing for the bland blob that is the PC.

Companions have specific corruption or transformation paths picked out for them that the writer can account for. Adding more than one or two major variables to a companion quickly spirals the writing out of control.

K

Kalixto

And all their sex scenes would be generic, sucky garbage because it's already shitty enough writing for the bland blob that is the PC.

Companions have specific corruption or transformation paths picked out for them that the writer can account for. Adding more than one or two major variables to a companion quickly spirals the writing out of control.
Yes, I imagine it would be a headache, so I like to see it as a pipe dream, I just wanted to see if there are more people who would like it to be like that too.

Maximilian

Feb 7, 2020
It makes sense that you would want that, but unless a talented writer with a lot of free time decided to make someone like that designed from the start with a personality to match I doubt it would come out well.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Yeah. Just from the perspective of a fan who's enjoying how the companions are working out so far, it's important to remember that they're not just 'the Champion's potential harem' but characters in their own right with their own stories that are probably going to be running to a greater or lesser extent through the whole game. Once you start making drastic changes to them, the writing for not just sexy funtimes but the entire story has to account for anything that changes them. I imagine that Brint/Brienne is going to be enough of a hassle to keep track of whenever we get to go further east and that's a character who was built around the concept. Now imagine trying to keep track of equally major changes for another half dozen or so characters for every companion quest they have and any points when they can interact with the man plot.

Plus since they are characters, you can't change them in fundamental ways without taking away some of what makes them who they are. Berwyn for example became the person we know because his Mistress did it to him and that's an ongoing plot. Ryn's the person she is because she was born half-sexed (and has a real bitch for a sister) so if you could change her she wouldn't really be Ryn any more. There's a reason the dream where the Champion makes her all-female requires high corruption and reads like a rape.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Once, FoE experimented with this. The end result was that the only thing that was ever accounted for in Kiai was his/her sex. You could turn Kiai into a cat-taur and no one would care or notice, and everyone would assume that (s)he was an elf.

So no, it's been done, failed, and been shown to be not worth it.

Reactions: QualityCuntrol