Alpha/Beta/Omega Dynamics?

Jermayn

May 7, 2017
What races have Dynamics other than the dzann and the different editions of the Treatment?

Jermayn

May 7, 2017
I think the Nyrea do?
I forgot about them thank you.
Though neither of them have "omega" roles.
I think that the faux-cows were kinda sorta supposed to fill that role, but who knows. If you count the bulls and amazons as the Alphas, cum cows as betas, and bimbos as omegas; it kinda works, if you squint.

Jermayn

May 7, 2017
True, but that's why we are squinting.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Those dynamics don't really exist on NT. Everyone has sex with everyone and in whatever way they want. For example, Big T considers getting pegged to be no different from getting a casual blowjob from a cow.

Jermayn

May 7, 2017
Those dynamics don't really exist on NT. Everyone has sex with everyone and in whatever way they want.
You are correct.
Anyhow, my next question
How popular would a full alpha/beta/omega dynamic be? I have just finished a 6 3/4 page google doc on a dynamics verse for FF type-0 that I could make into a race if people wanted it.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
You are correct.
Anyhow, my next question
How popular would a full alpha/beta/omega dynamic be? I have just finished a 6 3/4 page google doc on a dynamics verse for FF type-0 that I could make into a race if people wanted it.
Let me tell you what we tell every prospective content creater here: "Do not gouge for interest, just write it and they will cum."

Jermayn

May 7, 2017
Will do.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Can someone cogently explain what an Omega even is and how an ABZ relationship would work?
Just google "omegaverse" to get the full explanation. The explanation you get as a first result is just a first paragraph and not the whole expanation.

Suffice to say, it's a fanfiction alternet universe thing utilized for "slash-fictions" and to enable "mpreg" and apparently sometimes explores "social justice issuae". Basically, such AUs contain an aditional gender axis. So, in there, you aren't just male/female, but also they can be alpha, beta and omega.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Can someone cogently explain what an Omega even is and how an ABZ relationship would work?

Omega is a gender in a fanfiction au setting (called omegaverse) in which people have 2 sets of genders:
  • Primary gender (= man, woman, both, neither, nonbinary, etc...) which is usually not relevant in-universe
  • Secondary gender, independant from the primary gender = the particulars vary a lot so I can only list the most common characteristics but usually there are alphas, betas and omegas
    • Alphas:
      • usually virile and dominant,
      • alpha women may or may not exist, and may or may not have cocks,
      • usually have big knotted dicks,
      • may periodically enter ruts
    • Betas:
      • usually more dominant than omegas but less than alphas,
      • may or may not exist in omegaverse settings,
      • usually normal humans,
      • may be sterile,
      • beta men may get pregnant in some settings
    • Omegas:
      • usually submissive,
      • periodically enter heats/estrus,
      • omega men may have self lubing assholes or vaginas, may have dicks or not, dicks may be tiny or average sized, may be sterile
      • can get pregnant (usually after spending a heat with an alpha)
I see what @NotYouNorI means with the social issues thing, as in Omegas are often victim of sexism, but I think that's more because most of the writers who write these kind of fics are women (so of course they'd write how society treat omega childbearers similar to how society treats women, since that's what they know), and I don't think that's usually the focus of these fics? I mean, the focus of these fics usually is that the main pairing is m/m and there are dedicated 'top'/alpha and 'bottom'/omega roles. And also heat. (and pregnancies and babies. And sometimes a lifelong bond between mates that's established through a mating bite on the side of the neck).

Despite its name, in an ABO or omegaverse setting the most common model of relationships is monogamous beta/beta and alpha/omega couples.
Since each writer or even fanfic has their/its own particular setting, the one universal constant is that the omegas get in heat, fucked and sometimes pregnant.
(though again, there are fics with poly relationships in various combinations: a/o/a, a/b/o, o/a/o, etc...)
There can also be other kinds of couples (like omega/omega, alpha/alpha, beta/omega or alpha/beta) but those are pretty niche fics and the equivalent of gay couples in omegaverse.

And yeah, usually it's used for m/m pairings, but I've seen some m/f pairings (no f/f pairing even though they would be theoretically possible)

Edit: The more I think about it the more I see similarities with the Nyreas :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Zavos and GTK/HLK

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
"Social justice issue" as in SJW bullshit. But, yeah, not as a focus, though still an element that may be present.

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
Tbh a personal idea for a decent a/b/o thing would actually have betas considered as the higher social rank. Sterile and 'enlightened' whereas alphas and omegas are just treated as breeding stock. Alphas are probably physically stronger, but y'know... Politics. Hell even turn SJW bs on its head by having them have got there because they "knew what was best" for everyone else - omegas might be forced further out for their own 'protection' from alphas (who are all just clearly oppressive and violent, stop asking questions /s).
But I'm rambling. And not everyone likes their betas sterile.

Reactions: ShySquare

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Tbh a personal idea for a decent a/b/o thing would actually have betas considered as the higher social rank. Sterile and 'enlightened' whereas alphas and omegas are just treated as breeding stock. Alphas are probably physically stronger, but y'know... Politics. Hell even turn SJW bs on its head by having them have got there because they "knew what was best" for everyone else - omegas might be forced further out for their own 'protection' from alphas (who are all just clearly oppressive and violent, stop asking questions /s).
But I'm rambling. And not everyone likes their betas sterile.

There are fics like that, actually, wherein alphas and omegas are seen as more bestial and closer to their instincts. Sometimes it's an actual thing in the fics, sometimes it's prejudice.
Other fics where there are reproduction or breeding programs because only alphas and omegas can have children (I mean, imagine what would happen if only 50% or less of the population had the ability to reproduce, regardless of whether they intend to -- that's a recipe for species extinction lol).
And fics where omegas are only mated to the richest alphas (plus betas sometimes) because "they are delicate flowers to be protected at all costs" or even "for their own good poor darlings" have been written.

As I said, there's a lot of variation in omegaverse settings :). But they do tend to be less common I think?

I even read a fic where people regularly changed secondary gender overnight (they only switched between alpha and omega though)

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
There are fics like that, actually, wherein alphas and omegas are seen as more bestial and closer to their instincts. Sometimes it's an actual thing in the fics, sometimes it's prejudice.
Other fics where there are reproduction or breeding programs because only alphas and omegas can have children (I mean, imagine what would happen if only 50% or less of the population had the ability to reproduce, regardless of whether they intend to -- that's a recipe for species extinction lol).
And fics where omegas are only mated to the richest alphas (plus betas sometimes) because "they are delicate flowers to be protected at all costs" or even "for their own good poor darlings" have been written.

As I said, there's a lot of variation in omegaverse settings :). But they do tend to be less common I think?

I even read a fic where people regularly changed secondary gender overnight (they only switched between alpha and omega though)

Aw damn, this is making me wanna get into reading this shit more... But I've got too big a pile of other (non-smut) stuff to get into it.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Suffice to say, it's a fanfiction alternet universe thing utilized for "slash-fictions" and to enable "mpreg" and apparently sometimes explores "social justice issuae". Basically, such AUs contain an aditional gender axis. So, in there, you aren't just male/female, but also they can be alpha, beta and omega.

*vomits*

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
It's different because they have feminine penises.

Reactions: ShySquare

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Nice.

It's not like Nyreas also have a trigendered social organisation with technically-male childbearers at the bottom of it :/
Not really. The Nyrea have a bi-gendered society with one of them also having an dominance hierarchy. And omegaverse AU stories are either tetra-gendered or hexa-gendered (depending on whether they contain betas)

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Not really. The Nyrea have a bi-gendered society with one of them also having an dominance hierarchy. And omegaverse AU stories are either tetra-gendered or hexa-gendered (depending on whether they contain betas)

Some Nyreas are called Alphas and have behaviors that are distinctly different from beta Nyreas (harem collecting, impregnating betas and sometimes other alphas), so alpha nyreas can (arguably) be seen as a 3rd gender, I think. (assuming that some components of gender are not physiological, but even then, alphas seem to be bigger than betas in everything, unless I have been misled by the in-game busts)

Besides, in most omegaverse stories I have encountered, the characters' primary gender (man/woman/etc) is not usually relevant in-universe compared to their secondary one (alpha/beta/omega), so the comparison would probably still hold.

My point is: species whose conception of gender is different from ours are a common trope in sci fi and in TiTS. I know omegaverse is not something everyone enjoys, but why would that make this AU setting inferior or disgusting? :/

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
I'd imagine that any society that has a Alpha/Beta/Omega system would also likely inherently have a class like societal system as well. A alpha/beta/omega system would also not likely exist in a bi-gendered society, male/female, sub/dom kinda go hand in hand. A mono or tri gendered species would more likely have such a system. This is of course my personal opinion, I have not heard of nor read any of this omega verse. In the instances I have read of a bi gender society having a Alpha/beta/omega system they also had a "delta" class as well which is inherently lower than omega. Also, I tend to see such systems also tend to be heavily associated with a class based society as well. Then again I could be confusing this with the class based version its just hard for me to visualize alpha/beta/omega sexual system without also having it being associated with a class system as well.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Omegaverse aside I'd like to clear up some misinformation regarding the nyrea here.
Some Nyrea are called Alphas and have behaviors that are distinctly different from beta Nyreas (harem collecting, impregnating betas and sometimes other alphas), so alpha nyreas can (arguably) be seen as a 3rd gender,
There's no biological difference between alpha female nyrea and beta female nyrea in the related content. only maybe that alphas are better fed because they proved to be more successful hunters and the can't impregnate betas but like to deposit eggs they already fertilized with a male (something betas can do too if they have a male of their own and also attempt to deposit them into the PC) into betas to establish dominance. Whether an female is alpha or beta isn't set in stone by their biology; a beta can rise up to be a alpha and an alpha can be conquered and become a beta. The betas Taivra keeps in her throne room were most likely alphas she conquered/subjugated.

alphas seem to be bigger than betas in everything, unless I have been misled by the in-game busts)
You were. Busts aren't always accurate or present the characters in the same distance or perspective.

Last edited:

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
they [...] like to deposit eggs they already fertilized with a male
That's what I meant by impregnate, I should have used the work oviposit but it was escaping me, apologies for the misunderstanding

Whether an female is alpha or beta isn't set in stone by their biology; a beta can rise up to be a alpha and an alpha can be conquered and become a beta
Some fish can go from male to female or vice versa; I wouldn't say the ability to switch between beta and alpha is definite evidence that alpha and beta are not distinct genders (although yeah I admit my argument on this is a bit shaky so perhaps I should have used the Gold Myr as example instead of the Nyreas). But there's more to gender than the physiological or biological aspects, there's also behavior and societal expectations to take into account.

You were. Busts aren't always accurate or present the characters in the same distance or perspective.
I suspected as much :/ Thanks

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
@NotYouNorI
Maybe, but you gotta admit that sometimes the line gets blurry in this game :/

Tbh the Nyreas were the 1st example that came to mind but it was perhaps not the best. I def should have gone with the Gold Myr instead.

Edit : it did not occur to me until now that Nyreas' gender identities could be based entirely on their relative dominance and status in the social hierarchy, since they have so little sexual dimorphism and all use the same pronouns. Wonder what that'd make Taivra's knight then :/

Btw some human societies had/have more than 2 genders so it's not even a sci fi trope it's a human trope

Last edited: