All Saves deleted after downloading updated TiTs

Curious

Nov 2, 2016
Hey there!

So I've been playing the 0.9.056 version of TiTs for about a year or more. I finally got around to downloading the newest version today only to find doing so deleted all my characters in the old version and didn't transfer them over at all to the new 0.9.098 game. How can I recover my save files? I do have some older backups of characters, but I'd like to recover the newest versions, which I had not backed up before downloading the newest game (I didn't realize I'd get this problem).

Many thanks!

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
There's an outside chance the new version/installation is looking in a different place for your saves. I know that playing the game in different Browsers will also exhibit this behavior. If you still have the old version, try booting it up and seeing if your saves are there.

The other possibility is your computer coincidentally decided this is a good time to clear out old, unnecessary data. In this case, there is nothing you can do, as far as I know. It is recommended you back up your saves regularly for exactly this reason.

For what it's worth, I don't think this is supposed to happen when updating the game (I use the Browser version, so I can't be sure).

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
This is why you really should save to file, rather than just to a save slot. You are much less likely to have the computer decide to delete a file than what is essentially browser data.
(unless you do something silly like save to a RAM disk, or /tmp for us Unix guys).

Curious

Nov 2, 2016
Ok thank you!

Looks like there's also nothing in the old version of the game. I do have the majority of useful information for each character saved in file so luckily not a huge loss. I'll update more regularly; didn't realize the save files can even delete in a downloaded game