Age of all the characters?

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I swear to God we've had this exact same thread before.

But yes, Steele is 18-19. Most of the NPCs you meet are in their late twenties.

Syrianno are 28. Anno is a few minutes older.
Kaede is 25.
Reaha is in her very early twenties.
Astra is 18; Shade is 38. Shade looks younger than she is.
Queen of the Deep is like 2 or 3.

Yeah we've had a similar thread like this a while ago... I remember it from last time.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I swear to God we've had this exact same thread before.

Yes, but people would rather ask the same questions instead of looking for the answers in the forum's search engine. Least amount of work and all that.

Reactions: Brock
D

Deleted member 15512

Queen of the Deep is like 2 or 3.

I find this a little odd. "There has been a legend passed down blah blah I seem incredibly mature and huge blah blah haven't found any other queens anywhere also I'm 3." I mean, maybe she hasn't had enough time to search the entire goddamn underground lake system because most of her time was spent maturing? Did we get rused into getting egged by a 3 year old?

Keto

Jun 19, 2017
I find this a little odd. "There has been a legend passed down blah blah I seem incredibly mature and huge blah blah haven't found any other queens anywhere also I'm 3." I mean, maybe she hasn't had enough time to search the entire goddamn underground lake system because most of her time was spent maturing? Did we get rused into getting egged by a 3 year old?
I had that gut-reaction too, but my thought is that the Queen of the Deep is a title that passes onto the offspring. I haven't gone through that content myself so I can't be sure, but I'd imagine that's how it goes. Super-fast maturation cycle I guess.

D

Deleted member 15512

I had that gut-reaction too, but my thought is that the Queen of the Deep is a title that passes onto the offspring. I haven't gone through that content myself so I can't be sure, but I'd imagine that's how it goes. Super-fast maturation cycle I guess.
Then somehow the mother passed on quite a lot of knowledge and language in record time, and then all the other queens suddenly disappeared. Corporate/pirate shenanigans perhaps?

BitchBroken

Dec 24, 2017
Considering when the Queen babies are born they form full sentences, have intricate thoughts and can write - maturing works different for this species.

Reactions: Saafi05
D

Deleted member 15512

Considering when the Queen babies are born they form full sentences, have intricate thoughts and can write - maturing works different for this species.
I suppose. I mean, the princesses manage to draw you a picture almost immediately after birth, before the nursery drone whisks them away. Perhaps some sort of psychic link with their parent allows them to absorb knowledge while incubating?

Reactions: Saafi05

BitchBroken

Dec 24, 2017
I suppose. I mean, the princesses manage to draw you a picture almost immediately after birth, before the nursery drone whisks them away. Perhaps some sort of psychic link with their parent allows them to absorb knowledge while incubating?

Yeah if you go to meet them in the nursery that very day they will have a heart to heart with you, talking real grownup shit off the bat. Also when Steele is pregnant with them, he/she'll have these strange dreams of the daughters and how many there are, almost as if they are telepathically communicating with him/her. So you're probably right about the psychic link.

Reactions: Saafi05 and Milkman

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Yes, the Deep Princesses absorb information from their parents in the womb. Or colon. Whichever. They also reach full maturity in less than a year.

Anno is 28? How old was she when she began sleeping with Victor?

26, I think?

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Age old story. Old rich dude sees hot young lady, bangs them, croaks, old rich dude's hotter kid steps in, sees hot young lady and bangs them.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
When i was reading Bioshock:Rapture, one idea that was mentioned during Jack's early development was accelerated development, the idea of implanting experiences and proficiency alongside accelerated growth to reduce and potentially sidestep the childhood stage of development. I've come to incorporate this into my inner Steele image, effectively making him 10 years older than he truly is as he would've started education/work far earlier than he would have in the 21st century.

Reactions: ShySquare

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
You kinda have to, otherwise the potential idea of Steele becoming a mercenary apprentice at 16 is a little disturbing.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
You may want to use a spoiler tag for those who haven't read the book or played the first game!
I don't think Jack, as a character, is not particularly known to the player until, at the vary least, after Hephaestus.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
...which would not be a problem if it wasn't because Jack is the character you control :p Please note I don't want to be nitpicky - after all, the "would you kindly" bit and the plot twist that follows is something well known. But I still feel it warrants a spoiler.