Adventurers Coat vs Explorers Cloak

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Can anyone help me choose one of these? I cant decide which one.......

save included so you can check the rest of my build.

1691292591467.png

Attachments

• Jinx (H) - 22Hrs 4Mins, 10920 Days - Sidewinder, Siretta.json
    930.1 KB · Views: 4

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Sorry for the necro, but I also just noticed that i aparently have a -15 in fortification? Anyone know what thats about?

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
Can anyone help me choose one of these? I cant decide which one.......
Ok so if your choosing because for evasion then just go with the light jetpack, if its evasion plus the other stats it's up to you to pick if you want to dodge more or take an extra hit or two.
Why does a melee weapon lower my fortification?
Now I don't have a quote but I swear I saw Fen say because it's a katana. What that means can be chalked up to making fun of mall ninjas and because it's a trope for inexperienced people to hurt themselves with weapons they don't know how to use fully, so you lose 12 health because it's a "ha funny katana".
Sorry for the necro, but I also just noticed that i aparently have a -15 in fortification? Anyone know what thats about?
Where did you find -15 from? Nothing else is effecting you max hp, all the math adds up to your max as a Merc minus the 12 from the katana. Other then the odd 1 in "HPMod", where did you get that from?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Now I don't have a quote but I swear I saw Fen say because it's a katana. What that means can be chalked up to making fun of mall ninjas and because it's a trope for inexperienced people to hurt themselves with weapons they don't know how to use fully, so you lose 12 health because it's a "ha funny katana".
Steele can use any weapon properly, except for a Katana. Really? If any weapon is going to be hard to use, I'd think it would be the whips.

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
What's the difference between the Plasma Blade and the Plasma Katana? If any weapon is going to be hard to use, I'd think it would be the whips.
I looked and I can't find the quote so damn. Katana falls into edge lord turf and people can hurt themselves trying to look cool so that's my best guess as of why it has -12 fort on it.
I think that might be a glitch due to whatever sets your max HP to 100 during the duel with Riya; specifically, the process that's supposed to return it to its normal value.
I looked for this and I found it and there are 4 of them "pc.HPMod = e.physiqueRaw, ", "pc.HPMod = 0,", "pc.HPMod = 100 - pc.HPMax(),", "e.physiqueRaw = pc.HPMod," so maybe.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
its evasion plus the other stats it's up to you to pick if you want to dodge more or take an extra hit or two.
God I hate making these choices.... whatever I'll just pick the coat that ones more stylish in universe.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I looked for this and I found it and there are 4 of them "pc.HPMod = e.physiqueRaw, ", "pc.HPMod = 0,", "pc.HPMod = 100 - pc.HPMax(),", "e.physiqueRaw = pc.HPMod," so maybe.
Hm... @Gedan , sorry to bother you, but would you please be so kind as to take a look at this? We may have discovered a bug.

Last edited:

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
God I hate making these choices.... whatever I'll just pick the coat that ones more stylish in universe.
Ok so looking back at your build your a Strum Merc, and with your equipment such a the Reaper shield I would go for the Adventurer cloak to boost the chameleon armors defense up more and to take advantage of the Reaper shields plus 3 shield defense. Plus it looks cool.

Reactions: XBoxMaster131

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Ok so looking back at your build your a Strum Merc, and with your equipment such a the Reaper shield I would go for the Adventurer cloak to boost the chameleon armors defense up more and to take advantage of the Reaper shields plus 3 shield defense. Plus it looks cool.
Thank you muchly!

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
The order of ops looks fine; it's for the duel with Riya.

I guess whoever coded this didn't realise the stat properties are clamped to sane values for stats...