Accidental bug that breaks entire window from alt-tabbing

Oct 5, 2021
So I was playing COC2 for about 10-20 minutes, alt-tabbing between windows cause I was getting ready to play games with my friends on something else. When I did it quite rapidly because I kept going to the wrong window, and the game was in fullscreen/borderless fullscreen, the window for the game completely disappeared from both the taskbar and alt-tabbing, and I couldn't cascade the window after a search about it, so I was forced to kill the game via Taskmanager. I did somewhat save recently so I haven't lost too much progress, but this still miffed me quite a bit.

TL;DR as of version 0.4.14, do not rapidly alt-tab the game mid-session when not having saved recently otherwise your PC will swallow the window, never to see the light of day again.

• Sad
Reactions: Lone Wolf115

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
That might be due to the software framework the game's built on. Kinda hard for javascript code to crash a window that badly.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
FYI, the game auto-saves every five (IIRC) minutes so even if you haven't saved recently you probably can't lose too much progress.

But yeah, this belongs in the bug reports board.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Every 5 minutes but only after an action is preformed, like moving or literlly anything.