Abyss v10 - updated July 2 2017

slonique

Apr 1, 2016
Hi guys!

I'd like to present to you my new game named Abyss. It's a choice-based dating sim/visual novel game with 3D rendered images.

You can take v10 from:
mega
https://mega.nz/#!3JVGGToa!40eU5znXaVcnJwUHsPVQAoHSfQzKu_FOSIuNA3WGQX0

google
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7hLyb4_H-EhRnltWHZ3ZzFfclU

See my blog at https://www.patreon.com/slonique for news and updates.

Story:
Shy girl Alice comes to the Peaks High private school and tries to make friends, but the only friend she can trust is her diary. You play as her uncle, wealthy, handsome and single businessman in his mid-forties. Poor girl lost her parents in a traffic accident and now you are her family. She comes to stay at your place for quite a while. Everything is new for the girl: new life, new school, new family. But if only she could guess what is waiting ahead…

Gameplay:
You’ll be making choices between two or more decisions that will negatively or positively affect the outcome of each particular scene and the main story as well.

Characters:
The story will be built around your relations with your niece. But there will be additional characters: her classmates and friends, schoolteachers, etc.

Fetishes:
- Incest
- Groping
- Corruption
- Anal
- Oral
- Lesbian
- Voyeur
- Humiliation
- BDSM

Screenshots:
MyzDaEq.png

RQJ0DHs.png

GeDz56i.png

PYhd6Sq.png

Last edited:

slonique

Apr 1, 2016
v2 becomes available for all.
What's new:
- Added 2 storyline events.
- Added 2 bonus events. Bonus events are available only in Limited Edition.
- Added new lingerie outfit.
- Now you can click anywhere on the screen or press SPACE or ENTER to continue.
- Now you can use keyboard numbers 1 or 2 to select the choice during the talk.

slonique

Apr 1, 2016
v3 becomes public.
What's new:
- Added 3 storyline events.
- Added 2 bonus events.
- Added 3 new outfits.
- Now in the message screen you can press SPACE or ENTER to continue (same as in the event screen).

slonique

Apr 1, 2016
v4 becomes public:
- Added 2 bonus events.
- Added 16 new scene pictures.
- Improved colors for the wardrobe pictures.
- Improved colors for the first casual outfit.
- Reworked poses for the first casual outfit.
- Added third casual outfit.

slonique

Apr 1, 2016
Public version is updated to v5:
- Added pictures for the Chapter I scenes (17 new images).
- Now you can select and copypaste a text from the event screen.

slonique

Apr 1, 2016
Public version is updated to v6:
- Added pictures for the Chapter I scenes.
- Added Alice's voice for the Chapter I first event.
- Added 1 storyline event.
- Added 1 bonus event.
- Added third school outfit.

Ryan K

Apr 14, 2017
slonique, we really like the quality of your games.

We are interested in discussing some business possibilities with you. I wasn't able to send you a private message probably because my account is brand new. Please pm me for more details if you are interested.

Thanks so much.

slonique

Apr 1, 2016
Public version is updated to v7:
- Added new Chapter III with 2 storyline events.
- Added new bonus task with 1 event.
- Fixed a bug when "show me your panties" pictures were displayed behind the gray panel.

slonique

Apr 1, 2016
Public version is updated to v10:
- Reworked Alice emotion pictures (now with the new skin).

Regardie

Jan 12, 2017
Here are my thoughts on Abyss. First, I did something that I hate to do and downloaded a patron only version of v9 from the interwebs since it included a v9 walkthrough. The last public walkthrough on your page is for v2. You could change the status of some of the more recent walkthoughs to public.

As for the game, even with a walkthrough, I don't like the gameplay. There is no path through the game as far as I can tell. Pick all the good choices, get a star. Pick all the bad choices, get another star. Alternate your choices, get the third star. The game is a quest to find the stars. Then after I do a section, I often forget to look at the diary where it seems important information is being delivered, but not really as it doesn't affect your choices and responses in the next section you play.

Change some wardrobe and get a different set of images, sometimes with the same dialog, sometimes not. Sometimes the wardrobe choice makes no difference at all.

I don't think I can play as the evil uncle and corrupt her morals until she is under my control. I don't think I can play as the nice uncle who makes her fall in love with him. There doesn't seem to be consequences for either path.

Maybe remove the good / evil counter from the main display and mix up the choices so good is not always 1 and bad 2. Maybe launch her diary after every section so you have to read it, or make it an option to auto launch or not.

That being said, I like your images. I like the models and the settings. I can tell that a lot of work went into them. I like the dialog in the sections and the diary entries, even though I start to gloss over the section dialog as I speed through all good / all evil passes.

I noticed on your page that the game doesn't seem to work for you either and your are thinking about dropping it. Maybe you should rework it a little and make a different game reusing the text and images that you have worked so hard on.

I know that designing a game by yourself is hard work and I could not do it myself. You could try a game engine like Tlaero's Adventure Creator and make it more Graphic novel like and use your images and text while not having to design all the back end stuff.