ability reset tutor

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
Add a tutor NP who is able to re-set Steele's selected level abilities.

Wouldn't be cheap, and price goes up the more abilities are re-set.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I imagine this would be relatively easy under the hood, the havoc it would cause to modded savefiles aside. 

Still, this would be a first for a fen game (ascension dosn't count), and probably would have to wait through an enormous queue to get in. 

Edit: someone would still need to write the tutor npc before this idea could make any progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
if you think this should be put in game.

If you think this should be put in a game, you should write it. I mean, NPC, interactions with it, the way it is done - all things player will see. And NPCs in TiTS are rarely just service providers - they have their own piece of the story, and usually at least one sex scene.

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
I can do some of that. not the coding stuff but the charater itself shouldn't be too hard. might take me a bit, im busy with stuff for next ... week ish.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I can do some of that. not the coding stuff but the charater itself shouldn't be too hard. might take me a bit, im busy with stuff for next ... week ish.

Coding is actually simple part here. if you seriously want to do it, you should read this (a lot to read, actually) and also see how other NPC submissions look like.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Etis pretty much said it.  This isn't one of those super complex bess projects, this is actually much simpler then most other noteworthy content code wise. 

The biggest problem by far is the writing.  If you can make a doc that is up to TiTS standards, than you're pretty much golden. 

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
i'll take a look at the how-to tomorrow and think about it, ive got a bunch of RL stuff piling up in the next couple days.

on top of that my writing is... hit and miss. plus I.. kinda stink when it comes to sex scenes. ok I really stink.

now if you excuse me ive got screnshots of the squid sisters to take before the final splatoff.. err splatfest finishes.

#savesplatfest/stopsplatmongers

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Heh as usualy it all come down to write it yourself. Oh well then as long you gonna start writing people will help you edit it and etc.

Also at Etis statment bout at least one sex scene...you so clever added usualy since if not I would shove Aurora in ya face ^^

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
It's less "write it yourself" and more "Does Fenoxo approve of this major mechanic being added to the game."

The answer to which is no.

Because we've had this conversation years ago.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Also at Etis statment bout at least one sex scene...you so clever added usualy since if not I would shove Aurora in ya face ^^

And I personally can't see any reason for her to be in this game.

It's less "write it yourself" and more "Does Fenoxo approve of this major mechanic being added to the game."

Such things should probably be somewhere in guidelines.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF

I'm with Etis on this one. The list of mechanics typical to the RPGs, that are deemed as no-go for TiTS should exist somewhere around the list of banned content. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I'm with Etis on this one. The list of mechanics typical to the RPGs, that are deemed as no-go for TiTS should exist somewhere around the list of banned content. 

Given people would bother to go and actualy check it before making threads that would meantion this blacklisted rpg stuff.

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
uhh...

o..k il'll uhh.. let you lot debate this... just don't suspend me for 'poor grammer' (it was a bulleted list) or .... I think the first one was 'going off-topic'

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
uhh...

o..k il'll uhh.. let you lot debate this... just don't suspend me for 'poor grammer' (it was a bulleted list) or .... I think the first one was 'going off-topic'

If you don't want to be suspended for poor grammar, try to at least use the Shift key, McFly.

At any rate, TiTS has two builds per class.  Being able to retrain your abilities would make sense if we had a more Borderlands-esque skill tree where you might want to retrain several times over the course of a given run as your available skill points make different builds better or worse, but we don't have that.  We have "sword things" and "gun things".

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
 some of the abilities... mess with other higher level ones.

but said abilities are needed, especially at lower levels.

Smuggler: Shoot First clashes with Double shot,  (Shoot First is needed to deal damage... until Double Shot is obtained.)

Mercenary: Rapid fire half  with Double Shot (though Merc is a mainly a Melee type)

Tech Volley half with Double Shot

(not 100 sure on Rapid Fire and Volley, as its been... eons since I tried either Merc or Tech Classes)