A question about permission.

Luka Yuusha

Mar 28, 2019
Hello, I'm quite new and uncertain if this is the best place to post this, but I couldn't find a more obviously relevant area. My question is about permission from authors, it is mentioned under writing tips in Magic Ted's How to write thread that if you are going to write something involving an existing area you should be in cahoots with the author.

This seems to pose an issue as in my case the author of the content I was hoping to involve and add upon (The Stadium on Uveto) was written by HugsAlright, whom it seems has not been active in some time. What would be the appropriate course of action?

I am unsure if it is relevant to my question, but my hope is to write and submit a character that could be interacted with in the Stadium on Uveto, a tauric racer who needs a jockey, with a few scenes of the race that would follow. And if that went well perhaps expanding on it over time to include some more interactions with them, and maybe a small story around the races themselves. Not modify any existing content from HugsAlright asside from involving the Stadium and adding the option to meet this character from the Stadium Options or Cashier Options.

Reactions: Djinn and Hden

Libelous

Aug 2, 2016
If this is a question this should be posted in the Trials in Tainted Space main board not in the Event Submissions sub-thread (I think).

You could try to ask the overlords on the discord server if they could reach Hugs or pass decision on your idea

Luka Yuusha

Mar 28, 2019
If this is a question this should be posted in the Trials in Tainted Space main board not in the Event Submissions sub-thread (I think).

You could try to ask the overlords on the discord server if they could reach Hugs or pass decision on your idea

Then I may delete and repost this thread in the Main board for Trials in Tainted Space, should I also attempt to contact someone on the discord?

Libelous

Aug 2, 2016
Then I may delete and repost this thread in the Main board for Trials in Tainted Space, should I also attempt to contact someone on the discord?

You don't have to delete until staff/mod say otherwise. You could join the discord server and ask on the tainted space text channel, but it seems strictlyplatonic has given much better info

Reactions: Luka Yuusha

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Since it's a location and you're nod modifying anything from the stadium itself, you don't really need permission to add a character.

Luka Yuusha

Mar 28, 2019
Since it's a location and you're nod modifying anything from the stadium itself, you don't really need permission to add a character.

Well since I have yet to hear anything back from the person I contacted about HugsAlright's content, I think I am going to begin writing and hope that I do not need the permission then. I just wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
It's an area and not an existing character, so it's fine.

Ultimately the content is owned by Fenoxo once added to the game, so you don't absolutely need the original author's permission to do anything, it's just considered good faith to avoid stepping on toes. In this case, given they're mostly gone, it's fine. It's up to the whims of the approvers if it fits the original content. (Which, given it's not actually about a character, is fine.)

Reactions: Luka Yuusha