A question about goo armor.

Silent Songs

Jan 29, 2019
So while reading about the gray goo armor I noticed something that confused me. when the wiki talked about one of the transformations she can have was the one about forming a helmet but that it Decreased armor by 2. but wouldn't it cover more of Steele so wouldn't it give more armor?

KnightOwl

Aug 26, 2015
I believe that's because the helmet makes the armor airtight so the -2 is to balance that. It can also be explained by saying that increasing the area the suit covers lowers the overall protection it grants

Reactions: Athena

Silent Songs

Jan 29, 2019
I believe that's because the helmet makes the armor airtight so the -2 is to balance that. It can also be explained by saying that increasing the area the suit covers lowers the overall protection it grants
hmm ok I can see a little about the air tight. could grant 100% immunuty against air based attacks (pheromones) but the overall protection thing would be a little countered by the fact your know covering your head. and you could just add more goo to so speak to Nova.

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Two words, game balance. otherwise there is no reason to ever get rid of the helmet. as mentioned above, the in-game justification is her spreading herself thinner.