A Lady's Armaments scene with Kinu missing?

Vyxen

Feb 17, 2024
Hi! I'm actually doing my first playthrough of this game, got it from steam. I noticed something odd with Kinu. The first time I went to sleep after she was born I talked to her, and she talked about enjoying naginata lessons and the conversation talked about her getting sick before as if I had been there. I did some googling and discovered there is a scene called A Lad's Armaments where apparently you choose her favored weapon? This was my first night after she was born, and I feel like somehow I missed something fairly important.

Is there some way to trigger this scene? Or something I need to fix? I went back a save and tried to visit again and there was still no scene, but this time she said something different when talking. Any help would be appreciated I'd prefer to not miss what feels like an important scene.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Hi! I'm actually doing my first playthrough of this game, got it from steam. I noticed something odd with Kinu. The first time I went to sleep after she was born I talked to her, and she talked about enjoying naginata lessons and the conversation talked about her getting sick before as if I had been there. I did some googling and discovered there is a scene called A Lad's Armaments where apparently you choose her favored weapon? This was my first night after she was born, and I feel like somehow I missed something fairly important.

Is there some way to trigger this scene? Or something I need to fix? I went back a save and tried to visit again and there was still no scene, but this time she said something different when talking. Any help would be appreciated I'd prefer to not miss what feels like an important scene.
It won't affect things moving forwards, but for future reference it's one of the events that can randomly proc as you enter Kinu's tile. If you want to cheese the system, you can run back and forth across her tile until something procs. You can only get one event a night, but this way you'll get through all the available events pretty quickly.

Vyxen

Feb 17, 2024
It won't affect things moving forwards, but for future reference it's one of the events that can randomly proc as you enter Kinu's tile. If you want to cheese the system, you can run back and forth across her tile until something procs. You can only get one event a night, but this way you'll get through all the available events pretty quickly.
Do you know if it's still possible for me to get the event even after having that conversation? Or does that mean I just won't get that scene anymore? If it's not that big an effect then it's not a big deal, but I always feel wrong when my PC talks about stuff as if I'd been there when I hadn't.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Do you know if it's still possible for me to get the event even after having that conversation? Or does that mean I just won't get that scene anymore? If it's not that big an effect then it's not a big deal, but I always feel wrong when my PC talks about stuff as if I'd been there when I hadn't.
Oh, do you mean she's still in the orb and you got the naginata scene without having chosen a weapon for her? The most likely scenario then is you accidentally skipped past the conversation somehow. Yeah, each interaction only procs one time per playthough.

Vyxen

Feb 17, 2024
Oh, do you mean she's still in the orb and you got the naginata scene without having chosen a weapon for her? The most likely scenario then is you accidentally skipped past the conversation somehow. Yeah, each interaction only procs one time per playthough.
Yeah! I don't know how I could have skipped it. I got Kiyoko pregnant inside the orb, and she gave birth to her. The next night I went to bed and we talked as if it already happened. I'll try to reload and use your tip of going back and forth until an event procs.