A.I Han solo data bead ship install

Jan 16, 2017
The consensual content has been finished and submitted I believe. I think I remember reading that its implementation is waiting on ships to be expanded upon, and I've seen little news indicating that that's coming any time soon so doesn't seem like it. I haven't lurked that long though so what do I know.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
The consensual content has been finished and submitted I believe. I think I remember reading that its implementation is waiting on ships to be expanded upon, and I've seen little news indicating that that's coming any time soon so doesn't seem like it. I haven't lurked that long though so what do I know.

Nonsuch said that it needs to be redone to go with however the ship stuff is going to work. So it isn't exactly finished and submitted. o_O

Reactions: CloudStriker

Jan 16, 2017
Nonsuch said that it needs to be redone to go with however the ship stuff is going to work. So it isn't exactly finished and submitted. o_O
Curious about how they're planning on executing ship mechanics though. I'd have imagined it being little more than normal combat recontextualized into something appropriate for ships, giving buffs for crew members and basing evasion/damage/etc on the different models. Maybe expanding them into their own cells to explore or just allowing more storage slots, giving crew member limits and assigning stats to each one to create the illusion of variety. If only it was higher on the priority list, really want that Dom So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Curious about how they're planning on executing ship mechanics though. I'd have imagined it being little more than normal combat recontextualized into something appropriate for ships, giving buffs for crew members and basing evasion/damage/etc on the different models. Maybe expanding them into their own cells to explore or just allowing more storage slots, giving crew member limits and assigning stats to each one to create the illusion of variety. If only it was higher on the priority list, really want that Dom So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You will get two ships. The basic clunker you start with and the unlimited crew one that was a kickstarter reward tier. Those are the only two that were explicitly promised to get in.

Reactions: ....

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
There's also ship upgrades and that promised capitol ship is most likely endgame content.

Ship combat and stuff IS Gedan's current top priority.

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
Kiro's and Saendra's ships are large enough to warrant their own maps (although that's more likely due to them being a dungeon than anything else). Even the current clunker would, based on seeable events and basic requirements, have 6 rooms: bedroom, bathroom/shower, engine room, living/rec room, kitchen, and piloting/command deck. Although, it's supposed to feel cramped so I could see it getting shrunk down to bedroom-bathroom room, kitchen-rec room, piloting/command deck, and engine room.
And because it feels bad when the ship interior isn't symmetrical, it would have to look like a capital 'E' or its reverse. The engine room and command deck would have to take up two squares each, and the only way to enter the bedroom is through the kitchen. The only way to (safely) leave the ship would be through the kitchen-rec room.

That's to say nothing of other ships that would likely have a medical bay, a navigation room, an armory for small arms (do you think we would ever encounter events where we get boarded?), and a space for ship guns unless those get taken care of on the command deck.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
And because it feels bad when the ship interior isn't symmetrical, it would have to look like a capital 'E' or its reverse. The engine room and command deck would have to take up two squares each, and the only way to enter the bedroom is through the kitchen. The only way to (safely) leave the ship would be through the kitchen-rec room.
Doesn't have to be anything. Ship symmetry is for the anal retentive, not the practical. The Phoenix isn't symmetrical, it's only 4 squares (not counting elevator and cargo hold).

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Any and all vehicles tend to be designed in a symmetrical fashion as it provides a weight distribution that is stable and easy to control. That would even apply to spacecraft, even in space. There are examples of asymmetry, but for the reasons above, they aren't common, and usually have an unusual reason for that design.

That said, the interior of TiTS' spaceships are slightly more unlikely to be symmetrical, at least to our eyes, due to everything being a square and there being a set amount of rooms per ship.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Could answer this question seriously, but I've done that a hundred times before and I can't stop laughing at that title. Harrison Ford's mug in that green matrix code, grunting that humanity is on the verge of a new era, kid.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Kiro's and Saendra's ships are large enough to warrant their own maps (although that's more likely due to them being a dungeon than anything else). Even the current clunker would, based on seeable events and basic requirements, have 6 rooms: bedroom, bathroom/shower, engine room, living/rec room, kitchen, and piloting/command deck. Although, it's supposed to feel cramped so I could see it getting shrunk down to bedroom-bathroom room, kitchen-rec room, piloting/command deck, and engine room.

That's to say nothing of other ships that would likely have a medical bay, a navigation room, an armory for small arms (do you think we would ever encounter events where we get boarded?), and a space for ship guns unless those get taken care of on the command deck.

You are limiting your cartographical process in MULTIPLE ways. 1) You're ignoring the third dimension. 2) You're presuming that every room is a dead end, or only has one door. 3) even accepting both of those premises it could easily be a plus sign formation.

Could answer this question seriously, but I've done that a hundred times before and I can't stop laughing at that title. Harrison Ford's mug in that green matrix code, grunting that humanity is on the verge of a new era, kid.
Love this :D

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
2Evmxlz.jpg

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Ain't no one gonna write that.

Speaking of kink I wish I was an oil baron so I could throw a hundred grand at Koda and get him to single handedly save smut.

You guys don't know what we've lost.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well tbh Hand So is just ai without real body so if PC brought with "code wored" male sexbot not female one I assume Hand So may...accomodate to this external interface tool too.

Vandanna

Mar 26, 2017
I hate to bump an old thread, but I love how a few people are being super cheeky about the reference in her name, it not actually being "Han Solo"

... Although that's also pretty darn funny to imagine!

TFMaster

Sorry to quote super old forums posts but this necromancy brought this to my attention so..

Lovely stuff.

So that’s the origin of Nonesuch’s profile picture huh? Nice!