A few questions about custom ideas

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
So over the past few days, as I was busy writing content for my own personal storyline (unrelated to Trials), I came up with some possible characters and possibly an entire new race which I would be willing to expand upon. I did take a good look at the "Ideas" threads posted on this forum, which did explain a good bit about the process and requirements. However, I still have a few questions to which I was (perhaps due to my own incompetence) unable to find a satisfying answer for. Thus, I now resort to asking them here.

First off, I would like to ask about Codex entries. I believe I have enough backstory to complete a full entry for at least one of my ideas. So then I would like to ask the following; in order to submit a codex entry for a new species, do you also need to have all character content planned out (battle encounters and the likes), or is it possible to work that out later? I already observed the basic layout of the document, using the custom species of a user named Saiya as reference.

Second, is there a certain time limit on creations after the idea/codex entry has been pitched? Though I am willing to spend my time writing the possible scenes for my characters, I don't know how much I will have at my disposal to completely write said scenes. I also tend to have times where any content I do write will be absolute shit, which will only delay the writing that I do.

Finally, and this is only in the case that I am able to keep up the commitment and my ideas get accepted by the Trials in Tainted Space team, what will happen with my ideas when they're implemented? Would I need to commission artists to create busts and coders to write the necessary code?

I thank any and all who are willing to take their time explaining these things to me, and I can only hope that my ideas will be to your liking.

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
Most people tend to start out with an npc of a new race with the codex. You could submit it before, but it's probably best to submit it with the npc. Just a codex entry isn't likely to make it in with no reason for it to exist. There's no time limits and the team will eventually get around to coding your submission as well as creating the busts. There are however artists outside the team you can commission a bust from. Just try to stick to artists that they've already used to be safe.

Reactions: Miakoda

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
You could submit it before, but it's probably best to submit it with the npc. Just a codex entry isn't likely to make it in with no reason for it to exist.

Thank you for taking the time to answer a newcomer's questions. It is really appreciated. As for the species in question, I am planning on making them classified as extinct. However, as you can probably guess, there is still one survivor. I'll add his character description before submitting my piece then. Again, that you very much.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
You're welcome to submit the Codex whenever, but it will not be used or added to the game until a character is fully written and submitted using that species.

So, really, what you want to do is write the codex entry and the character you have in question, then submit them in one go.

If your project gets approved, our staff does the coding and art.

Reactions: Miakoda

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
You're welcome to submit the Codex whenever, but it will not be used or added to the game until a character is fully written and submitted using that species.

Very well, I am prepared to start writing the entry for the only member of my species as soon as I have completed the full codex entry. One last question then in regards to the character entry; I browsed through the "Ideas" threads once more and was unable to obtain any straight guidelines for the character entry sheet. I don't have any plans to have him enter combat (yet), so that aspect I can leave out, but that still leaves the rest. Is there a checklist of things I need to complete and elaborate on (e.g. location and time of encounter, individual scenes, etc) before I can call my character completed enough to submit alongside the codex entry?