A CoC Rewrite

Seij

Sep 4, 2015
Alright, first the forum died, then my computer died, then...etc. Much has happened, but I've got all I need again and will be continuing to climb this mountain.

For those of you who knew this topic from before the forum died, hello again! I'm not dead, this isn't either.
For those of you who don't:

If you haven't figured out from the title already, this is about rewriting the code of Corruption of Champions. 
Yeah, I know what you're all thinking, "Dafuq bro? You're crazy!"
And I agree! But hold on, hear me out. If I really do make it happen, think of the things YOU can do. Yes you. What I'm doing here can help bring life back into this game that basically started it all, and we can add to it's lifespan by making it easy to mod and expand.

What I'll be doing:

• I'm going to basically write the same game, but with (hopefully) more modular code which can be easily modified.
  • I'm hoping to also make a tool for adding content into the game with a full guide in using it.
  • "That's it? That's not a long list at all!"
  • Well going into detail will just confuse everyone, so I'm just going to tell you the gist of things.
  • I'll write the program in an open-ended way so that future features can be easily added. E.g.Dual wield weapons,
  • Layered armour,
  • Deeper combat, perks, spells, skills,
  • Weapons/armour/accessory that gives passive effects when worn,
  • Have a follower (or two? Three? Ten!?) battle your foes alongside you,
  • More diverse transformations,
  • Etc.
Of course, I won't ever take credit of the game itself, I'm just rewriting the code so that I can get the above happening. Then, I'm letting the creative minds do their work by making their own characters and stories and items, anything. Maybe someone set up a mod central or something.

After all this I'm thinking of making a game in a similar genre. I can't for the life of me write smut though, so I don't know if it'll have any explicit content in it. 
GitHub link to the project so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
Good to see you again and as I said on the old forums. "Good luck with your adventure".

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
you may want to hook up with kitteh and the revamp mod crew

Seij

Sep 4, 2015
Good to see you again and as I said on the old forums. "Good luck with your adventure".
Thanks again!

you may want to hook up with kitteh and the revamp mod crew

I don't know, it's a lot of work just doing this. Not sure I can handle kitteh's as well. Plus, it makes me work with the old code. I don't really want to do that... Which is why I'm doing this instead! So the code will be nice and clear, instead of being a the maze like the old code is.

Plus, he/she's not looking for help is he/she? I'd consider if kitteh's mod crew really do need more people on the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
You're always free to contribute however.

I take efforts in making the code understandable. As you can see, I've placed comments throughout the commonly-used functions.

I have no problem with the CoC code. As you can see, the old event number was entirely dropped in favour for functions. I'd spend some time cleaning up the code to make it less messy.

Seij

Sep 4, 2015
You're always free to contribute however.

I take efforts in making the code understandable. As you can see, I've placed comments throughout the commonly-used functions.

I have no problem with the CoC code. As you can see, the old event number was entirely dropped in favour for functions. I'd spend some time cleaning up the code to make it less messy.

I may take a look.

Nov 9, 2015
I'm very excited to see where this goes. The notion of being able to basically design your own sex-based game using CoC's frame (or just shaping it in your own image) is brilliant