[9.016 Android Build] Button tooltips not staying and other minor issues

Hargan

Mar 16, 2022
When you tap and hold on a button in the Android app, or tap and slide your finger onto a button (both things that worked in the old flash .apks), the tooltips that pop up disappear immediately, leaving the player unable to read it. This can lead to situations where you miss context or warnings for a lot of options. There is no way to get the tooltips to stay on screen that I can find.

Also while I'm thinking about it, this is a minor issue but the app doesn't actually go fullscreen, the android notification bar and bottom navigation UI buttons stay, limiting the space the game can take up.

It would also be nice if the app had portrait mode support instead of forcing landscape, I got used to playing in my browser on a large screen tablet that has more than enough space for playing in portrait to be viable. I understand if you don't want to bother with that though.

Last edited:

Hargan

Mar 16, 2022
After playing for some time I should also add that not having the map and character stats available at the same time is extremely annoying. In addition to adding unnecessary button pushing to switch between the two, it's also too easy to forget to check your hp/lust periodically which can cause you to start fights with 0 hp or max lust. It's barely tolerable on PC because keyboard shortcuts are quicker, but on Android it's just plain frustrating.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Tooltips haven't been fully implemented on Android and aren't a priority at the moment.

Hargan

Mar 16, 2022
Oh, something else I should mention: saving to file is broken. Loading isn't but saving is.

Hargan

Mar 16, 2022
Tooltips haven't been fully implemented on Android and aren't a priority at the moment.
Just to note, enabling tooltips is as simple as opening up the main.(hashcode).js file inside the .apk archive and changing two instances of onMouseOver to OnTouchStart and two instances of onMouseOut to onTouchEnd. This enables the player to tap and hold on a button to display the tooltip. It works quite well, you basically just tap and hold on a button and move your finger out of the way to read. Then release. It can't even trigger the button by accident if you release while your finger's still on it. I've been playing with it on a test device for a while now and there's no issues at all.

I've been advised by someone smarter than me to also note that "you should be able to simply alias the names with the touch-enabled names, and it'll work for both (the PC and Android versions, I think he meant) without needing anything else."

Tagging lowercase_donkey to hopefully keep this post from getting buried and make sure the info gets to people who can use it

Last edited: