2017 Year of the Lich

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
thread-necromancy_zpslduenrqk.png

Not a necro thread, but I wanted a forum related image. Today I saw commercials for new Pirates of the Caribbean and Transfomers movies. Add those to Underworld, Resident Evil, XXX, and Rings for 5 dead or dying film series being revived within the first few months of this year. Not to mention the new King Kong movie, the live action Beauty and the Beast remake, CHiPS, and the continuation of Wolverine movies with Logan. Hell there was even a movie about a dog repeatedly being reincarnated. That's just up through March. It appears that remakes and resurrections make up the bulk of new movies being released this year. Who'd like to join me in declaring 2017 to be the year of the Lich?

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
I was really hoping for more support. Toonami is even resurrecting Samurai Jack! Who knows what else will be brought back this year.
Don't taunt me with channels that ceased to exist 10 years ago [at least where I live]
Jack was great and I am not saying that just cos I appear in episode 19 , but if you can not see a 5th series how do you know it exists?

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Don't taunt me with channels that ceased to exist 10 years ago [at least where I live]
Jack was great and I am not saying that just cos I appear in episode 19 , but if you can not see a 5th series how do you know it exists?

Now I'm going to have to watch episode 19 again and try to figure out which character is voiced by the random pervert I met online. Also, I know about it through Youtube. Adult Swim has been putting up a bunch of ads and trailers for it. Although It's not starting until March 11th, so I guess in a sense it won't exist until then.

If you could choose, what would you prefer seeing?

A good Superman movie, but Christopher Reeve is dead and Zack Snyder lives so that's never happening again. I also wouldn't mind if Disney went back to old fairy tales to make new animated films instead of live action Twilight versions of their classics. If nothing else studios could remake very old very bad films like they did with Pete's Dragon instead of the blatant nostalgia cash grabs of the Transformers series.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I also wouldn't mind if Disney went back to old fairy tales to make new animated films
If they do, I hope they stick closer to the source material. It's a good thing they call them "Disney's The Little Mermaid", and "Disney's Frozen". Fairly certain most of the authored fairy tales are in the public domain, anyway, so it's not like they can't just rebrand and churn out same-face Pixar movies like the last few years.