[0.9.106-PUBLIC#5280] Ship Defense Stats: NaN

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
When looking at Ships to buy, the tooltip shows Shield, Shield Defense, Armor & Armor Defense as 'NaN'.
Fortunately, it seems to only be the tooltip. The actual values are fine.

And I'm pretty sure the confirmation comparison screen has Shields compared backwards. Ova'LEK has more shields than the Casstech.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Hopefully fixed for the next release, but I don't see the issue with the shield comparisons (I may need a save file to make sure).

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Are you sure you want to buy the Ova’LEK for 44,999 credits?
Shields: 3,500 (-250)

From the Ship Stats screen on board
Casstech: 3,750
Ova'LEK: 4,375

Attachments

• ShipShieldTest.json
    638.8 KB · Views: 1

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Okay, hopefully fixed for the next release.

The issue was primarily that it was comparing with a ship you own and are using. Due to that, the owned-ship's stats were boosted slightly (based on character level and potentially other stats). Now, when comparing ships in the shop/storage it should only compare the base stats so the differences are more clear. The ship's full stats (when viewing the ship stats from inside the ship or in the codex) should now show the base stats so the player is aware of it. The only stats that were affected by the ownership boosts include the shields, accuracy and evasion. The weapon damages are also affected by ownership, but that's a given for combat (I didn't make these values visible anywhere though).

Reactions: Theron