[0.9.105-PUBLIC#5231] Hotkeys

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
On the Save/Load screen, pressing Spacebar when on the 'Are you sure you want to delete' box shows the 'Save has been deleted' box, but then goes back to 'Are you sure?'

Pressing Space to confirm things on the Cheat Menu scrolls the page down.
Sub-menus of the Options Menus can be highlighted, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to actually interact with any of them or press any buttons via keyboard. Space just backs out.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
On the Save/Load screen, pressing Spacebar when on the 'Are you sure you want to delete' box shows the 'Save has been deleted' box, but then goes back to 'Are you sure?'
I can't seem to replicate this on my end. I suppose, just make sure the "Disable Keystroke Repeat" (in the Controls menu) is on. This should (hopefully) prevent the keyboard from triggering multiple actions when a key is held down. Otherwise, I'm not exactly sure what is causing the issue.

Pressing Space to confirm things on the Cheat Menu scrolls the page down.
Again, same thing. I can't seem to replicate the issue.

Sub-menus of the Options Menus can be highlighted, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to actually interact with any of them or press any buttons via keyboard. Space just backs out.
Spacebar backing out of the menu is intentional, so no issues there. As for the entirety of the Options screen, it's not fully keyboard-compatible as I've only implemented keybinds for navigation so far. Interaction for each option card on keyboard will be a bit more involved since they will require unique identifications and key bind indicators for what can and can't be changed. If and when I have time to dive into it, I'll try to set it up, but for now it's a lot simpler to set options by mouse.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
When I said 'confirm things on the Cheat Menu', I guess I meant 'clear the dialogue box that pops up after adding Items to the Inventory'.

The Delete-Save-Spacebar issue seems to be specific to clicking on the Trashcan icon, then using Space to confirm.
If I use the Backspace button to initiate the Delete, then use Space to confirm, it works properly.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Thanks. Hopefully fixed for the next release.

The game should now disable the browser-function of the spacebar in some instances (like in the options menu), particularly since it is used as a keybind for backing out anyway. This should prevent spacebar from triggering the scrolling while in the options/cheat menu.

When deleting a save file using the mouse, the delete button for that save file should now un-focus itself so the browser doesn't trigger it again after the confirmation prompt disappears between screen renders. I think that was what was causing multiple prompt messages, one after the other, since the button was still highlighted and spacebar triggered it.

Reactions: Theron

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
When buying Cybernetics from Sabrae, Accept is Space. To close the dialogue box that pops up after is Backspace (which was Cancel, before).

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
When buying Cybernetics from Sabrae, Accept is Space. To close the dialogue box that pops up after is Backspace (which was Cancel, before).
Adjusted for the next release. If the possible menu only has just one button and that button is "Close" or "Cancel", it will automatically use the "Accept" keybind (Space). "Close" is sometimes used in other multi-menus, so it was swapped from being Space to Backspace to fit, but this change should now make its keybind assignment more contextual.

Reactions: Theron

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Space still scrolls Cheat Menu when confirming adding items, adding Credits or maxing XP.
Delete issue was fixed.

Soaked Rasvel's Leave is in a non-standard spot (Q instead of G).