[0.9.098] Kelly buggy

ghostwriter207

Feb 20, 2024
While on Mhen'ga, I specifically turned down the scientist's request for me to capture Zil for him. Later, after meeting Shelly, I went back to Mhen'ga to buy Ovilium... only to find that Kelly was selling Honeyseed, Honeydew, and Honeypot, despite me never capturing a single Zil for them, but was not selling Ovilium.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
From what I can see, Kelly will only start selling Ovilium only if your character actually helped Shelly lay her eggs.

As for the Honey-related items, if you refused Haswell's quest, the assumption is that the Zil research is ongoing and that the quest is you take is something to contribute to it. So whether or not you go through with the quest, Kelly will eventually start selling those items anyway. I think the quest was initially set up when early in development for the game, there was going to be a faction-favoring system, so participating would give favor to the Xenogen corporation. As far as I am aware, that system has been lost to time.

tldr; not really a bug unless you did help Shelly with her egg laying but don't see Ovilium in Kelly's inventory.

ghostwriter207

Feb 20, 2024
Ah. The description on the honey items still reads "Thanks to your... contributions," which confused me about the fact that I didn't help with those.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Okay, I've made a minor edit for the next release that should adjust the description of the item depending whether or not your character participated in the quest.