[0.9.090-BACKER-ELECTRON#4585] Kiro Quest Twins injection debuff not properly removed at end of battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaincat

Mar 30, 2016
If you battle the twins during Kiro Quest, if they use the injection on you and the status effect is still active after you win, if you have sex with them (can only confirm lead the train at the moment), the stat modifier stays, even after the status effect is removed. If you rematch them in vr, the debuff will stack, presumably as many times as you want to stack the debuff for.

chaincat

Mar 30, 2016
Here's a save right in front of the vr rematches in canadia, with the debuff stacked twice on physique/reflexes, also I can confirm any sex scene triggers it.

Attachments

• twinsbug.json
    837.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Ah, I think I know why this bug happens, and it most likely links to other mysteriously sticky Mod-value-related bugs that have been popping up recently. It's due to combat status effects being removed by time rather by the end-of-combat cleanup procedure. I had made an update where combat count-down effects would set their minutesLeft value so that the turn counter can be visible to the player for clarity. This had the unintended side effect of having the combat effect expire when time passes like normal status effects...

Since combat doesn't end right away after defeating the opponent, the time passage during a post-combat sex scene can improperly kill any active combat status effects that have over-0 minutes set, making the related stat-Mod changes stick instead reverting as it is intended to when combat officially ends (the part where you earn XP and pick up any loot, right before returning to the main text/navigation). Thank you for running into this bug, because I honestly believe this bug would have remained a mystery for some time given how status effects are handled.

I've found the where all status effects are handled and added an exception to combat-only effects to not be affected by time if they ever escape the combat's cleanup process (I had always assumed this was handled like this in the past, but apparently not). This should hopefully fix any future pre-mature deaths of combat-only status effects and everything should work as originally intended after the next release.

Unfortunately, there is no in-game fix to revert the value for your save (because the status effects no longer exists), so I would recommend manually setting the values via the browser console, if you can. In the console, you can type:
Code:
pc.physiqueMod = 0;
pc.reflexesMod = 0;
And, if there are no other effects changing your stats, maybe:
Code:
pc.aimMod = 0;
Hope this helps.

Reactions: chaincat

chaincat

Mar 30, 2016
I already had fixed it in my actual save, that save was specificially prepared to showcase the bug lol, but glad to help, and thanks for the dev console fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.