0.9.081-PUBLIC#4166Steel Will no longer adding +5 to Steele's Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adda

Jun 23, 2022
Just after the latest update, Steele leveled up to level 8 kineticist. Steel Will is no longer adding +5. In fact, per attached screen shot, Steele cannot level her Will as it is already at max for level 8. Note that she has all 13 points available to level yet Will is maxed. Attached save file is from just before resting after getting enough exp to level.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    210.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Isa (F) - 11Hrs 48Mins, 57 Days - Spearhead SS Vibrator, Ingnam.json
    778.7 KB · Views: 4

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Steel Will does add 5 Willpower and increases the cap for the purposes of Resolve and Stat Training.

The actual issue seems to be that it doesn't allow investing Stat points above the normal Level cap.
Edit: Or possibly it's added to the base value, instead of on top, so it doesn't 'fill out' the higher cap, like Cybernetics do.

Last edited:

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Just after the latest update, Steele leveled up to level 8 kineticist. Steel Will is no longer adding +5. In fact, per attached screen shot, Steele cannot level her Will as it is already at max for level 8. Note that she has all 13 points available to level yet Will is maxed. Attached save file is from just before resting after getting enough exp to level.
When the perk is earned, it also adds +5 to willpowerRaw. The perk's effect will add a bonus +5 to willpowerMax, so if the character was at max willpower before, they will continue to be maxed without needing to spend points.

This may be reverted after the team reviews before the next release, but I've updated the perk to not touch willpowerRaw (it will reduce willpowerRaw by 5 upon loading your game if you already have the perk), and instead will give bonus of 5 to the calculated willpower as well as willpowerMax (but this will now count towards the maximum raw limit to allow the leveling of willpowerRaw). I only do this because the perk is a static buff. If it was dynamic (like the value changes based on calculations or creating and removing), then this may be handled differently.

To make sure, I'll need a save file right before earning the perk, if possible. The save file you provided already has it earned and points spent, so there's little I am able to test with.

Again, this may be reverted if there's an issue, but hopefully it works as intended.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
When the perk is earned, it also adds +5 to willpowerRaw. The perk's effect will add a bonus +5 to willpowerMax, so if the character was at max willpower before, they will continue to be maxed without needing to spend points.
With the current implementation, even if Steele has maxed Willpower at level 7 (before exiting the menu), the player cannot invest points at level 8 and is 5 points behind actual maximum.

Right at Level 7, but hasn't assigned any points or accepted Steel Will.
And the biggest issue remains unresolved: Should be Steele Will.

Attachments

• WillpowerTest.json
    620.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
With the current implementation, even if Steele has maxed Willpower at level 7 (before exiting the menu), the player cannot invest points at level 8 and is 5 points behind actual maximum.

Right at Level 7, but hasn't assigned any points or accepted Steel Will.
And the biggest issue remains unresolved: Should be Steele Will.
Thanks. I've reverted my changes (except for having "Steel Will" affect max raw willpower, since that is essential). Instead, if that perk is set to be earned, it will be visually updated on the stats screen, so you can spend stat points up to the max without losing points or being behind.

I'll look into the perk's name. I won't change it since that will affect characters who already have the perk, but I will see if there can be a silly mode display-only name replacement.

Reactions: Theron
Status
Not open for further replies.