[0.9.080-PUBLIC#4130] Concern: Evasion Cap Visibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
The intuitive behavior for a primary defense is to stack it as much as possible. For Shields and Bonus HP, this works. However, Passive Evasion caps at 50%. I'm concerned this isn't communicated to the player. With Smuggler's +50% from items and the constant +10%, it's easy to overinvest if you aren't paying attention, when it would be more beneficial to start investing in other defenses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bast

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
For the player stats, I've added a "(50% Max)" note at the end of the Evasion Bonus stat. Hopefully that will help illustrate where the value currently cuts off.

Reactions: Hanzo and Theron

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I forgot to mention, but Stealth Field Generator could probably use a note that it breaks the cap. Otherwise, 80% looks like a massive waste, especially if you already have ~50%.

Hanzo

Oct 10, 2015
Negative Evasion increases HP damage taken, but it's not explained anywhere. Can we have a similar note stating this?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Both of these should hopefully be fixed for the next release.
I forgot to mention, but Stealth Field Generator could probably use a note that it breaks the cap. Otherwise, 80% looks like a massive waste, especially if you already have ~50%.
The perk and ability tooltips for this perk should now have a "(max evasion +40%)".
Negative Evasion increases HP damage taken, but it's not explained anywhere. Can we have a similar note stating this?
For the Bonus Evasion stat, if the evasion value is ever negative, it will display a "x% HP Damage received" note next to the stat.

Hopefully this clarifies the evasion values better for the player.

Reactions: Hanzo and Theron
Status
Not open for further replies.