[0.9.079-Public#4082] Strange Metal Collar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei-D

Oct 5, 2018
The Strange Metal Collar deletes whichever Outfit you are wearing at the time. Upper and Lower Undergarment are both fine. This happens on both the Strange Metal Collar item on use and the Omnisuit's Metal Storage Collar that it turns in to. I tested this with both the Atma Armor and the comfortable clothes.

Simple work around for the moment is to just unequip whatever is in your outfit slot before using the items.

Edit. Curiously it doesn't delete your starter Dress Clothes as the Strange Metal Collar? But does with the Omnisuit's Metal Storage Collar?

Retest. It doesn't delete your starter gear if you've never unequipped it but will if you have. This includes the undergarments. This was tested on a new save using the cheat menu to spawn in the collar and sets of armor.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-12 233633.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-12 233633.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I am looking into this, though I will need a save file to test with, just to make sure I hit the source of the issue.

Rei-D

Oct 5, 2018
Here is my file right in front of Shekka after buying the collar. The undergarments haven't been unequipped at that point so they shouldn't be deleted but the armor will be, for whatever reason I don't understand.

Attachments

• Nyxathe (H) - 0Hrs 15Mins, 18 Days - Tarkus, Ingnam.json
    691.3 KB · Views: 4

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Hopefully fixed for the next release.

The main issue is that the item has a quantity of 0, so in the process of being swapped, it deletes itself. I'm not sure how you got the item, but normally, any item that is supposed to exist needs to have a quantity of 1 or higher. The edit I made is for the quantity to correct itself any time it is at a value below 1 and is being equipped or unequipped.

Rei-D

Oct 5, 2018
Just picked up from the Xenogen camp on the first planet, though the other armor I tested with were spawned in with the cheat menu. I did use the save editor but I can't see how anything I changed would cause the item quantities to change, nor does that explain why the new save I tested with acted the same way. But either way hopefully this solves since there aren't many, any?, items that force unequip gear the way the collar does. Thank you for your hard work.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Okay, thanks. I'll also include the quantity fix for looting/collecting items as well. So hopefully all ends are covered.

Amy5

Nov 9, 2015
I am having the same issue as of [0.9.080-Backer-Electron#4129]
Though on one instance where I tried initially equipping it, I only lost two items, and the 3rd was put into inventory. When testing again the 3rd item got deleted.
Ran another test for this post and all three items were lost making sure to have plenty of inventory available: all items effected by the omni suit are gone.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-19 012918.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 012918.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Nanda (H) - 4Hrs 36Mins, 14 Days - Casstech Z14, Ara Ara.json
    661.5 KB · Views: 3

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I am having the same issue as of [0.9.080-Backer-Electron#4129]
Though on one instance where I tried initially equipping it, I only lost two items, and the 3rd was put into inventory. When testing again the 3rd item got deleted.
Ran another test for this post and all three items were lost making sure to have plenty of inventory available: all items effected by the omni suit are gone.
I tested your save file and yes, the fix in the next release should also correct this issue for you.

At some point your equipped items had their quantities set to 0--how, I'm not quite sure of. But after the next patch, un-equipping them and re-equipping them should bring them back to 1 each. Trying on the omni-suit before un-equipping the other items should also work as expected, resetting the affected items back to 1.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
At some point your equipped items had their quantities set to 0--how, I'm not quite sure of.
When I load a save that had never used the Strange Metal Collar/Omnisuit, everything I have equipped has a quantity of 1.
If I un-equip, it's 1.
If I re-equip (or equip something new), it's 0 (when I inspect the slot).
Unequipping sets back to 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.