[0.9.049-PUBLIC#3251] Ship Storage Softlock

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
When attempting to take things from an overloaded Ship Storage*, 'Accept' cannot be selected unless the player can carry enough to take the stored items below the limit.
*Switched from a larger ship, loaded a save taking advantage of the higher capacity.

Graptor

Jan 6, 2023
To clarify: when in the ship storage menu, you cannot hit 'accept' unless both the Player and Ship inventories are below their respective storage limit. This makes it impossible to clear grossly overloaded storage if the overload is greater than the character's current inventory capacity.

As a cargo overload prohibits travel, this locks the player onto the current planet permanently. The only ways out are if the player can upgrade their inventory and/or cargo capacity, or switch to a ship with a larger cargo, on their current planet.

As such, my current save is now stuck on New Texas.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
As a cargo overload prohibits travel, this locks the player onto the current planet permanently. The only ways out are if the player can upgrade their inventory and/or cargo capacity, or switch to a ship with a larger cargo, on their current planet.
Not a great solution, but you should be able to use the Cheat Menu to teleport to a Ship Vendor, then back to New Texas.

Graptor

Jan 6, 2023
Not a great solution, but you should be able to use the Cheat Menu to teleport to a Ship Vendor, then back to New Texas.
Forgot you could teleport with the cheat menu XD
Jumped to Tarkus and bought the bag upgrade, which in my case was just enough to clear the overload. Ty.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Hopefully fixed for the next release.

I made a quality-of-life edit to where the storage no longer locks the player out exiting if the inventory is overfilled (storage overfill should work like normal).

In the case of an inventory overfill, instead of the drop menu instantly showing up, a popup will display and the player can choose whether to access the inventory (to use/equip items), storage menu (if in a location with a storage container), or access the normal drop menu. This popup will continue to display until the character is no longer encumbered.

Reactions: Theron

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Is it possible to take stuff out of an overloaded Storage piecemeal to take to the Tavros Apartment or sell to Anno?

I'd also kind of assumed Unlimited Crew Capacity cheat also gave the ability to Fly while Storage was overloaded, but it seems that was never the case.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Is it possible to take stuff out of an overloaded Storage piecemeal to take to the Tavros Apartment or sell to Anno?

I'd also kind of assumed Unlimited Crew Capacity cheat also gave the ability to Fly while Storage was overloaded, but it seems that was never the case.
Ah, I see--yes, that would be useful. I think that was how the Flash version worked originally.

I've made an additional edit for the next release where ship storage is allowed to be overfilled (with the drawback being unable to lift off due to weight, as it is now)--other storage locations should still be limited based on their respective slot values.

Yes, the Unlimited Crew cheat was originally supposed to have done that, but it might have been overlooked when the storage system was being revamped.

Reactions: Theron