[0.9.020-PUBLIC-ELECTRON#2544] Crash upon not loading save

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adaneth

Sep 21, 2022
Tried to load an old .tits save, got the error message
'LOAD ERROR
The selected files does not appear to be a valid TiTS save file.
TiTS will only load .json files.'

then clicked retry to load another game, clicked cancel in the windows explorer window and got the following error message:
Version: 0.9.019-PUBLIC-ELECTRON#2487
Message: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'name')
Stack:
TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'name')
at HTMLInputElement.value (file:///D:/ARC/fenoxo/TiTS-public-0.9.019-win/resources/app/main.2c483957.js:1:10315575)

The 'Reload Game' button does not seem to do anything or produces the same error message (an error timestamp would help distinguish those possibilities).

The error only occurs after trying to load an invalid file, either retrying or cancelling and cancelling the next windows explorer dialogue TiTS opens.
It does occur if I try to load an invalid file, cancel, then use Load From File and cancel the explorer dialogue.
It does not occur if I go 'Back' to the main menu, then return to the Data screen, click 'Load From File', then 'Cancel' the explorer dialogue.

Expected behavior would be to return to the main screen or the data/load screen upon cancelling loading of a save file after getting a LOAD ERROR.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Are you trying to load a save from the Flash version? The Flash version can convert Saves to JSON via 'Export' or 'Convert File', depending on if it's a Slot save (.sol) or a 'Save to File' save (.tits).

Also, the game just updated to 0.9.020.

Last edited:

Adaneth

Sep 21, 2022
Yes, thanks for the hint and the info about the new release.
The crash still happens in 0.9.020-PUBLIC-ELECTRON#2544.
It doesn't have a big impact though...

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I think leek committed some stuff to better handle these failures recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.