[0.9.001-PUBLIC#2068] Cannot Sell or Drop Strange Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
Even weirder, even if you change the .quantity of the item using the console you still cannot sell the strange egg to V-KO. Or drop the item.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I tried to paper over this initially so I could get a hotfix out that would stop it from hard crashing all over the place. Now that I've had some time to go looking, I have no idea why the StrangeEgg has hasDynamicProperties set at all - in fact I have no idea why it's setup in the way it is for a bunch of things.

I can't find anywhere it's ever given a non-standard property value during gameplay.
I don't know why it's marked as isUsable, considering its use function is the dummy "I can't do anything with this" - which then hides the drop button in the interface.

It has at least surfaced a minor oversight in my paper-fixes which is what is resulting in the 0quant thing. For any item that was causing a crash, but I couldn't find out where and what dynamic properties were actually important for them, I just made canMergeWith() spit back false - ergo, the item cannot merge with its identical clone, which is how the shop quantities are effectively calculated.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Given that I haven't been able to find any reason for Strange Eggs being marked as dynamic, I'm gonna update 'em not to be and update saves to have them in that state.

Status
Not open for further replies.