[0.7.23] Convocation of Mirrors Error?

FuHyBi69

May 23, 2022
When talking to Philander at the end of the Convocation of Mirrors event, he refers to us as mortals in the third paragraph. Is that in error or does he simply believe himself beyond mortal now that he's dead.

The Paragraph in Question-

"So," he continues, placing a hand on the misty glass, "I began to research the ways that you mortals absorb magic through your bodies, how arcane impacts and enchantments afflict you. By learning this, I learned how one might harness these effects and, shall we say, mirror them. One need not spend hours or days pouring over the exact incantations of a spell or even mastering a physical talent when your body absorbs the net effect."

My Alteration-

"So," he continues, placing a hand on the misty glass, "I began to research the ways that we mortals absorb magic through our bodies, how arcane impacts and enchantments afflict us. By learning this, I learned how one might harness these effects and, shall we say, mirror them. One need not spend hours or days pouring over the exact incantations of a spell or even mastering a physical talent when your body absorbs the net effect."

I'm just wondering if it's meant to be alluded to that he thinks even when he made mirror magic, he believed himself beyond mortal, as thats how it seems with how that sentence is worded. I know it wouldn't necessarily break the story being told, it just feels out of place for him to tell the story of how he came about making mirror magic in such a way.

Attachments

• Untitled 9.png
    Untitled 9.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0