[0.7.12] Minimap and minimap navigation break (seemingly) randomly

Baltha-Bazar

Jul 13, 2024
Like the title says, the minimap breaks after some time playing, with no recurring motif that I could identify as to why. I can say it happens sooner or later each time I start playing, it's guaranteed if I play maybe more than 15 minutes, but often well before. In game, what happens is that at some point, I'll progress to a cell and the minimap will "snap" back to a previous one or even one I didn't visit. Worth noting, the full map button correctly displays both map and position, and navigating by clicking works normally. Curiously, enabling/disabling navigation by clicking, zooming in/out or simply navigating to another cell seems to switch the minimap back and forth between the bugged positions and (sometimes) the right one.

Like I said it's seemingly random as to why, when or how it happens. Reloading, the save, the page or closing the browser fixes the issue, temporarily of course, but unfortunately I can't replicate consistently specific occurences of the bug. It doesn't impact the game otherwise, I didn't witness any occurrence of the game thinking I'm in another cell or something, it appears to be purely visual.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 128.0, and the console does not display any kind of relevant information about this issue.

Here's some screenshots with the full map (correct position) and the minimap, they were taken consecutively once the bug had manifested.
CoC_map_bug01.png

CoC_map_bug02.png

CoC_map_bug03.png

CoC_map_bug04.png

CoC_map_bug05.png

CoC_map_bug06.png