[0.69.420-PUBLIC#1890] Hellhound Dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leg0si

May 29, 2019
I completed Event Horizon when the game was still in flash.
When I exported the game was working fine until Syri recruitment.
Hellhound dialogue does not come up for discussion with Anno nor with Dr. Lessau.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
After Syri reacted to Anno, did you tell her 'Anno's Hot', 'Deal With It' or 'Get Help'?

If you did Event Whorizon, there should be a Hellhound topic in Syri's Talk menu. Does it appear?

Leg0si

May 29, 2019
No, it does not.
It only has three options.
I checked the codex and it shows I completed the Whorizon event.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
'Talk' should have at least 4 options: 'Reading?'. 'Engineering', 'Streaming', 'The Family'. And 'Helhound', if you've done Event Whorizion and not selected it yet.
Once you've selected 'Hellhound' you should be able to talk to Dr. Lessau.

If you're sure you've done all that and you still can't talk to Dr. Lessau, use the Save to File function and attach the save here.

trtrt

Apr 27, 2022
I'm 90% sure that right now it requires you to also complete the deepsea research facility quest before the game allows you to talk to Lessau about Syri. I thought it was intentional though.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I'm 90% sure that right now it requires you to also complete the deepsea research facility quest before the game allows you to talk to Lessau about Syri. I thought it was intentional though.
If so, it would be nice to have some kind of indication. Like: 'Dr. Lesseau is occupied with a certain inoperable Facility and won't be able to help until that's resolved'. Or something. Otherwise, we're just going to get people reporting they can't progress and don't know why.

Leg0si

May 29, 2019
I completed the research a while back.
Here is the file.

Attachments

• Error.json
    734.6 KB · Views: 6

Leg0si

May 29, 2019
Hello, did the save file run properly, or was there an error?
I just want to proc the questline.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
There are two specific flags that you need to trigger to see anything from the Doc here to get things started that your save does not have set:

You need a game event to happen between you and the Dorna sisters. Approaching Syri whilst she is crew whilst Anno is also a crewmember will trigger this event - there's only one other event of higher priority and there is no RNG involved. You need to pick the third option when this event occurs.

You also need to have encountered Demon Syri directly to enable the option to talk to Syri about Hellhound stuff; your save doesn't have this flag set either, which means you never actually fought Demon Syri whilst doing Event Whorizon.

Everything appears to be working fine when you have knowledge of the steps to perform, so I'm gonna check this off as not a bug but I am going to make a few notes for better awareness of where you are in this chain. I don't really know how best to go about it, but I'll bring it up the next time we're having a meeting to see if we can come up with something.

Status
Not open for further replies.