[0.69.420 -PUBLIC#1478] Great Majin doesn't appear after initial encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
I've met Shizuya and completed her ambush event a good month ago or more (game days wise) but haven't encountered Great Majin in hangar on any planet since. Is it bugged or disabled for some reason? State of relevant flags is also omitted in Stats->Encounters

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
Issue persists as of [0.69.420-PUBLIC#1814]

As far as i can tell, it's because Majin travel function (majinUpdate()) is a part of commented out variableRoomUpdateCheck() in game_functions.js i.e. effectively never gets invoked.

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
Still a problem in [0.9.000-PUBLIC#1940]

Kinda reluctant to bump it yet again, but with both backer/public ports reaching content parity, maybe there's a better chance to have it looked into..?

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Still a problem in [0.9.000-PUBLIC#1940]

Kinda reluctant to bump it yet again, but with both backer/public ports reaching content parity, maybe there's a better chance to have it looked into..?
I think it's staying that way because it may have been intentionally disabled. And it's probably very low on the priority list.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I think it's staying that way because it may have been intentionally disabled. And it's probably very low on the priority list.
On the other hand, it's one of the things in this report. Did they all get fixed? The next patch isn't out yet, so it's impossible to tell.

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
On the other hand, it's one of the things in this report. Did they all get fixed? The next patch isn't out yet, so it's impossible to tell.
Well, there was a small patch just recently, as the game is now at #1958 (it doesn't seem like it touched the Majin) but dunno if the report was made before that patch, or after. In any case can't do much more than sit and wait ;/

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I'm not a fan of combo-reports because of this reason. I fixed the main report and took a casual look at the others but mostly dismissed them until a more elaborate report about the others came along so I had more to work with to track down the problems.

My casual peeping found a majin-related function used in one of the room hooks wasn't being called appropriately and fixed that but I didn't look any deeper than that.

variableRoomUpdateCheck() has been killed - in Flash we would do a lot of stuff that would modify the state of the map like links between rooms as well as displayed icons on the fly, which is what this function was supposed to resolve. The ability to do this made the map incredibly slow to process to do various things and is the main reason why the minimap could never really show more than about 7 rooms in each direction around the players current location.

The current state of variableRoomUpdateCheck() is basically a todo list of things that need to be reworked to fit with how things are done now.

Last edited:

Lolipop

Jun 21, 2020
I'm not a fan of combo-reports because of this reason.

I fixed the main report and took a casual look at the others. I found a majin-related function used in one of the room hooks wasn't being called appropriately and fixed that.
I shall refrain from combo reports from now on...

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
That said I just modified the majinUpdate function and shoved it into processTime() so I'm assuming she'll be working fine now :gedgrimace:

Status
Not open for further replies.