[0.6.2][Steam] Unable to Load From File

ikaros

Apr 22, 2023
I am unable to load from file since the 0.6.2 update. When clicking the To File - Load option, the window to browse the files opens up, and I am able to select my save, but when pressing open, the window goes away just like if I had hit cancel instead and the CoC2 window stays on the Data menu. I do not get any error messages popping up when trying to load, and the game does not freeze or crash, I can continue going through the menus or open a save from one of the save slots.

I have attempted the following while troubleshooting:

Rebooting my PC
Uninstalling and reinstalling CoC2
Clearing out files in the appdata folder
Running CoC2 as Admin
Running CoC2 in Compatibility Mode for Windows Vista, 7, and 8

PC Info:
Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Intel i7 13700k
Nvidia 3070

If you need any more info, or want me to try anything else for testing, please let me know.

Ankh Uchiha

Feb 14, 2023
i have the same issue. i was hoping they'd fix it but im not so sure anymore. this bug has been in the steam version for a while, and since it costed money to have the game on steam. i figured it would be higher of a priority for bugfixes. but unfortunately, i feel like the team behind the game is ignoring game breaking bug reports. that's just how it feels to me though.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
I've looked into this before and worked with someone who has the issue and have been unable to reproduce it on my machine or resolve it on theirs. It seems it's more widespread than I thought it was. I'll look into it again and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Ankh Uchiha

Feb 14, 2023
I've looked into this before and worked with someone who has the issue and have been unable to reproduce it on my machine or resolve it on theirs. It seems it's more widespread than I thought it was. I'll look into it again and see if I can figure out what's going on.
appreciate that.

Wingcrae

May 4, 2023
I had the same problem today and it was really annoyingI had the same problem today and it was really annoying

Last edited:

= )

Sep 1, 2019
I have the same problem but I can usually fix it by just going out of load menu move a tile and try again.

ikaros

Apr 22, 2023
I found a way to get save files to work for me:

In the data window, change the Source option to Auto, and then load from file.