0.4.10 Game will not launch on Steam, despite various re-installations onto different SSDs

methstoutley

Sep 3, 2021
I'm using Steam, and this is RANDOM. The last time I played the game was 3 weeks ago, and now it won't launch under any circumstance. I verified the download files. I even deleted the folders completely and reinstalled the game on different drives. I even uninstalled and reinstalled steam itself onto all of my drives, but when I try to play the game, Steam tells me that the file is "locked by CoCII", cannot be updated, or launched. When I try to close the defunct window that pops up for CoCII, I can't. It simply remains active in my Processes until I manually closes it using Task Manager. When I try to launch the .EXE directly, this is the error message that pops up (screenshot). Please HELP! I enjoy the 4hrs I've played so far and would like to keep at it. I've been troubleshooting for 2hrs now, which is already half as long as I've spent actually playing the game, and I'm starting to reach my wits end. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    2.1 MB · Views: 12

methstoutley

Sep 3, 2021
I should also specify that I was able to launch literally EVERY OTHER game I have installed on Steam. I cross referenced those games vs this one, which is partially what took so long. CoCII is literally the only game of 12 installed that won't launch. So I don't think the issue is with Steam, or with my computer.