0.3.27 help in changing companions outfits

Linulanielly

Sep 1, 2018
Not a bug but a feature request. Hope it's OK to post it here.

# Problem:
changing companions sets is very unintuitive and hard to find.
I believe I am not the only one having problems with finding it. E.g. https://www.fenoxo.com/backers-coc2-invitation-to-the-winter-ball/#comment-113023

For me, this update is the first time I realized I am missing on some functional and was going to make a bug report of not being able to change Azzyra's outfit.
When I finally did figure out how to do that I was shocked to see that Cait and Etheryn also have different equipment sets which I can choose from. Until this point I believed Cait's change of powers by visiting the witch was a one-time permanent thing. And Etheryn's equipment from Winter City dungeon I just never used as it turns out. Reloading an old save to go through the dungeon again I finally found there is actually a help text describing how to change Etheryn's outfit but I probably forgot about ever reading it... I was going to include screenshot of getting Etheryn's outfit to show there is no way for players to understand what they have to do and was shocked to see there is actually a description of how to change her set.
But there are no help messages for Cait or Azzyra outfits.

# My (player's) behavior
After reading about ability to change Azzyra's equipment at will I tried 2 things:
- talk to her a lot to find a button to ask her to put on a choker
- looked up for her equipment in my inventory and Key Items

# Proposition
Would be great if there was an easy to find place with description of what to do to change companions' equipments without relying on authors to include the help text each time they write text for a new set. (Right now I believe only Etheryn's equipment acquisition scene has such text)

Either of these options in my opinion would solve the problem (at least for me)
- button in inventory
a greyed out button in inventory only becoming available after clicking on one of companion's sets.
Button would redirect to the appropriate journal page and have a tooltip saying how to open said page manually (easier to reuse existing logic)​
- description upon clicking on companion's set in inventory
if a companion's set is chosen, a special text appears on the right side of the screen saying how to change it (where to go)
Or maybe some other option.

Thank you for all the hard work.