[0.2.45] Species name post-transformation is wrong

TylerTheShibe

Apr 30, 2020
Running the backer build 0.2.45, on the Opera browser version 68.0.3618.63, I've used Fox Berries to give my character the subsequent Head, Tail, and Cock mods associated, after starting the game as a human. However, rather than displaying the phrase "You started your journey as a human, but you've become a foxmorph over the course of your adventures." as would be expected given that's the source species of these transformations, the game lists "You started your journey as a human, but you've become a catfolk over the course of your adventures." and all NPCs that reference my player character's species refer to him as being a Catfolk as well. I've even attempted to use the save editor provided by End5 to change my character's post-transformation species from Catfolk to both Foxmorph and his original Human, but upon loading the modified save, it is still listed as Catfolk, and if I port another save into the save editor after this, it also reverts to showing my species as Catfolk. The transformations in question(Fox Ears, a Fox tail, and the knotted, sheathed cock) all remain as normal throughout this process.

I apologize in advance if this is simply some limitation of the game that I'd not seen previously listed, as I'm aware the Fox Berry transformations, unlike most of the others, were implemented as a demonstration of the transformation mechanics rather than being linked to an expected species.

Reactions: Paradox01

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
It's not a bug. You have enough human enough qualities that you're no fox morph. To the world you're still more similar to a catfolk, an animal earred and tailed human. A foxmorph is a full on furry. Kitsune don't count as they're their own special race.

Reactions: TylerTheShibe

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
It's a known quirk of the system, because the game doesn't consider 'Human with fox ears and a tail' to be a foxmorph and the closest match is Catfolk. You need actual fur to get there, and the Kitsune are a special race that you can't become via TF and require (not implemented yet) literal divine intervention to manage. Here's a previous thread on the topic.

Reactions: TylerTheShibe

TylerTheShibe

Apr 30, 2020
I figured it was likely an intentional mechanical setup I was unable to find posted somewhere else, but I wanted to be sure. Thank you for your assistance!