So about Ryn's cage...

Nextgener

Feb 9, 2020
I decided to try a new Paladin run with the intent of joining Lumia. I got far and it was fun, but I remember reading in the patch note's that Lumia would be able to remove Ryn's cage as an alternative solution.

Was this plan abandoned? Because you can still ask Lumia about it, and it just seems like an odd oversight if it was.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
It's still happening, Garde just hasn't gotten around to writing it yet. It could probably use a bolded 'This feature isn't implemented yet, come back later' notice until that happens, but it's something that he literally just mentioned was on the current schedule after the things he's currently working on.

Nextgener

Feb 9, 2020
It's still happening, Garde just hasn't gotten around to writing it yet. It could probably use a bolded 'This feature isn't implemented yet, come back later' notice until that happens, but it's something that he literally just mentioned was on the current schedule after the things he's currently working on.
Ah I see. I just assumed it would be in, because I typed in the Search Bar for the patch notes to make sure I wasn't nuts.

And yep, they were listed as "Soon!". And I checked again, and just noticed so was:

A use for a certain crystal you can optionally acquire in Daliza’s basement (Soon!)

:gedlaugh:

Horny Demon

Dec 11, 2022
I was going to ask about this, due to me finding it odd that there would be a character who says they could remove the cage but no actual way of doing it, but I found this post so know I know

Reactions: Nextgener

Nextgener

Feb 9, 2020
Did you go Warrior and White Mage? because that's the closest I can think of for a paladin, and I really want to do a paladin character.
I was considering White Mage, but remembered the Dawnsword was a thing and wanted to try a spec using that. I would have gone White Mage if the Dawnsword was a Catalyst. But even without it, combined with the Wing's of Asira made it an Awesome combination. Being a Dual Wielder and immunity to Disarm helps a Ton to make sure your defense's are up.

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
I was considering White Mage, but remembered the Dawnsword was a thing and wanted to try a spec using that. I would have gone White Mage if the Dawnsword was a Catalyst. But even without it, combined with the Wing's of Asira made it an Awesome combination. Being a Dual Wielder and immunity to Disarm helps a Ton to make sure your defense's are up.
To me, it'll always be wild that the pure Dawnsword isn't a catalyst. It's meant to be used by a holy warrior, a paladin of outstanding virtue. And making it a catalyst wouldn't even make it super OP or anything, considering how far into the present game you have to get, in order to even unlock the mission to get it. As it stands, there's precious little equipment that appeals to a paladin-isk build, at least if you also want that paladin build to be proficient in using white magic by way of a catalyst in assisting them. It's wild to me that the SG is more appealing stat-wise to a build like that, than a magic holy blade meant for a strong paladin is.

Don't even get me started on the fact that it's a light weapon, and as such appeals more to dual-wielding fighters than it does to the type of character that it feels like it was actually intended to appeal to roleplaying wise, whereas the corrupted Dawnsword I could totally see being used by a casual dark warrior type character who wants to dual-wield it. Personally I'd rather see it lose the light status in exchange for the catalyst status. That would make it an ideal sword and shield paladin setup, and would suit it far more thematically.

Reactions: Nextgener